Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Mitch Moore
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 19, 2023

One year rental at 149 currently in the portal. He'd give you a starter for a season while Sasso could go up a weight (Hepner can challenge Gallagher at 165, Kharchla to 174, etc....)

Also, who is the future of the Bucks at 149? That weight clears out after this season and they don't have any recruits that cleanly fit that weight.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jason Fair added to this discussion on May 19, 2023

Doesn’t seem worth it unless Sammy 100% needs to move up. Ideal lineup I think has Sammy at 149 (which may also be the weight he has the best chance to win).

If Sammy just cannot make 149 any longer then it makes more sense to bring Moore in and allow DD to stay at 141 while Mendez shirts.

My guess is DD goes 149 for a year after Sasso finishes. From there I don’t know. Does Cannon grow into a 149? Brock Herman?

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on May 22, 2023

If the Bucks need an immediate solution for 149, and D’Emilio isn’t gonna go up, I’d sooner use Decatur than Moore.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on May 22, 2023

Decatur is in transfer portal

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on May 23, 2023

Nick, I understand that. Entering the portal does not necessarily mean he’s leaving.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on May 25, 2023

You do have Cannon coming in off of a successful high school season at 138, and Brock Herman from 152. Not sure what the targeted plan for both is.
Regarding Moore, I think I’m the Big Ten he’s a fringe qualifier type, not with the money you’re already spending to develop in house kids. Both of the guys listed above are solid recruits, but not to the level of blue chip that Sammy was. Im not sure how vested OSU is regarding transfers. There have been two impact transfers in the last decade with McKenns and you could probably include Tate since he did AA. I think that speaks to how vested the staff is in their guys. Not too many transfer out either, unless they’ve been elbowed out of a position.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on May 25, 2023

You do have Cannon coming in off of a successful high school season at 138, and Brock Herman from 152. Not sure what the targeted plan for both is.
Regarding Moore, I think I’m the Big Ten he’s a fringe qualifier type, not with the money you’re already spending to develop in house kids. Both of the guys listed above are solid recruits, but not to the level of blue chip that Sammy was. Im not sure how vested OSU is regarding transfers. There have been two impact transfers in the last decade with McKenns and you could probably include Tate since he did AA. I think that speaks to how vested the staff is in their guys. Not too many transfer out either, unless they’ve been elbowed out of a position.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on June 1, 2023

He lands at Rutgers

► Add to the Discussion