Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: Who Was The Bucks Best Non NCAA Champ?
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 24, 2023

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"Bo was jobbed vs Mark Hall. Mind won’t be changed."

And McKenna got the short end of a call vs Yianni.

New Thread: Worst calls to go against the Bucks?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on June 25, 2023

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"If I remember Anderson beat Scott Owen, Becker and Bertin in a 2 week period prior to Big Tens, but got injured and never won the NCAA title. Plus he had won the Midlands that season."

Keaton Anderson was awesome and I think would have been a dominant champ without the injury at big 10. Dude was an absolute hammer on top. That cradle was nearly unstoppable.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on June 25, 2023

Quote from Nick Lecklider's post:

"

Quote from Scott Nicola's post:

"The answer is Lance Palmer. 4X AA with wins over Metcalf, Schlatter and Burroughs."

Metcalf he would have won maybe 1 time if they wrestled 25 times. He got the big ten championship bc he caught metcalf on his back.

Schlatter was injured badly junior and senior seasons. Asterisk there.

Burroughs was 16-13 his freshman year lol. If lance wrestled a junior or senior Burroughs he gets majored minimum. Another asterisk

0-4 in his final placement matches.

Great career but he just wasn’t the career of Moore."

Nick, I too put Kollin at the top of my list. But your reasoning is flawed.

You say Lance would beat Metcalf only once in 25 tries. Maybe, maybe not. Would Moore have faired any better against another all-timer in Nickal?

We can celebrate Moore without picking apart Palmer. Both of them had fabulous careers.

I have a soft spot for Lance. For decades St. Ed’s recruits completely ignored Ohio State. He broke the mold and then kept his commitment in the transition from Hellickson to Ryan.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on June 27, 2023

Moore 11 career losses to palmers 33 is pretty significant also imo.

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"

Quote from Nick Lecklider's post:

"

Quote from Scott Nicola's post:

"The answer is Lance Palmer. 4X AA with wins over Metcalf, Schlatter and Burroughs."

Metcalf he would have won maybe 1 time if they wrestled 25 times. He got the big ten championship bc he caught metcalf on his back.

Schlatter was injured badly junior and senior seasons. Asterisk there.

Burroughs was 16-13 his freshman year lol. If lance wrestled a junior or senior Burroughs he gets majored minimum. Another asterisk

0-4 in his final placement matches.

Great career but he just wasn’t the career of Moore."

Nick, I too put Kollin at the top of my list. But your reasoning is flawed.

You say Lance would beat Metcalf only once in 25 tries. Maybe, maybe not. Would Moore have faired any better against another all-timer in Nickal?

We can celebrate Moore without picking apart Palmer. Both of them had fabulous careers.

I have a soft spot for Lance. For decades St. Ed’s recruits completely ignored Ohio State. He broke the mold and then kept his commitment in the transition from Hellickson to Ryan."

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on June 28, 2023

Palmer started as a true freshman! Thats the difference. I'm certain the records would of been different if Moore wrestled as a true freshman.

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on June 28, 2023

For me it would be Palmer, BoJo, and Moore in that order..... All are 4x All-Americans. I think Palmer has the best resume and he started as a true freshman. I give the edge to Bo over Moore. To become a 4x AA with all of the injuries are just a testament of how good he was. I remember him beating Meyers from IOWA without practicing in over two weeks. It wasn't pretty but he got it done. He also has a win over Hall and was a questionable call away from doing it at NCAA's.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 29, 2023

Quote from Chris Thomas's post:

"For me it would be Palmer, BoJo, and Moore in that order..... All are 4x All-Americans. I think Palmer has the best resume and he started as a true freshman. I give the edge to Bo over Moore. To become a 4x AA with all of the injuries are just a testament of how good he was. I remember him beating Meyers from IOWA without practicing in over two weeks. It wasn't pretty but he got it done. He also has a win over Hall and was a questionable call away from doing it at NCAA's."

well maybe....... but Bo 5th his senior year, in Cleveland, alot of points left on the mat . - Moore fell to 4th ugh... Keshawn dnp-- all that disappoinment and we still almost won. A biiiittttter pill to this day. U only get so many shots at it unless ur PSU. .quite a team we had, it could have been but didnt

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3