Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Jesse Mendez makes U20 Finals
Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on August 16, 2023

Bouzakis dominates to get bronze with two techs. Should have been a world champ. If Feldman was healthy could have had three world medalist this year. Future looks bright

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bouzakis dominates to get bronze with two techs. Should have been a world champ. If Feldman was healthy could have had three world medalist this year. Future looks bright

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 16, 2023

Bouzakis is a hammer!

Mitch Mesenbrink could be a 4x NCAA Champ. His offense and pace are ridiculous.

Is there any way Jesse Mendez sits after earning world silver?

Don Bork added to this discussion on August 16, 2023

Messenbrink and Shapiro were imho far and away the most impressive of the u20 U.S.A. wrestlers. Love Mendez and Bouzakis. Am afraid the Buckeyes may regret losing McDanel to Nebraska. I think that only if Jesse and his father feel he needs to mature (get bigger) do we not see him in our lineup this season.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on August 17, 2023

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Mitch Mesenbrink could be a 4x NCAA Champ. His offense and pace are ridiculous."

I think Messenbrink will be a stud also but we have yet to see him in folk style compete at this kind of level anywhere. I believe his senior year he only got 7th at super 32 and wasn’t even a top 50 recruit. Then last year didn’t wrestle. His freestyle results have looked amazing however.

Tom may kick himself in the butt for this one. He claimed he didn’t want to bring in a transfer bc it wasn’t worth only being able to get a couple more points at ncaas at the weight class. Measenbrink is the guy who was on campus that visited that most think he was alluding to. Something tells me Messenbrink is going to score a LOT more points that hepner/paddy. He’s the kind of kid you get the NiL $$ and lock him in. The other big names were all one year guys basically and aren’t of much value for one year. I think he was the only true guy Ohio state considered in the portal.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 17, 2023

Mesenbrink is going to be the next jason nolf. And missing on Cam McDaniel sux. Hard to get everyone. We'll have to settle for two world medalists, Feldman and the crew arriving this fall.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on August 17, 2023

I hadn't even heard of Mesenbrink until all this transfer portal news and NIL stuff came into play after NCAA's. It is interesting Mesenbrink wasn't even a top 50 recruit. It possibly to be great at FS like Mesenbrink is, but maybe just average/decent at folkstyle? Maybe he just matured late, and I know he is a great wrestler who will only get better in that PSU room.

Shawn Andrews added to this discussion on August 17, 2023

Mesenbrink vs O'Toole both Ben Askren protoge's will be interesting to see how that match goes if they both end up at 165 at some point. Although I think Mesenbrink is probably a 157 this year

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 17, 2023

Mesenbrink is the next Jason Nolf if he can get out on bottom. His level changes, shot angles and pace are insane

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on August 17, 2023

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"I hadn't even heard of Mesenbrink until all this transfer portal news and NIL stuff came into play after NCAA's. It is interesting Mesenbrink wasn't even a top 50 recruit. It possibly to be great at FS like Mesenbrink is, but maybe just average/decent at folkstyle? Maybe he just matured late, and I know he is a great wrestler who will only get better in that PSU room."

Are we more nervous to see Mesenbrink or Haines suit up at 157 next year for the Nitanny Lions in terms of who poses a bigger title threat to Sasso?

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next