Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Jordan decatur
Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on August 21, 2023

Finally committed to Kent State. Good luck and hopefully you get a podium finish!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jack Muni added to this discussion on August 22, 2023

I would think that would seal the deal for Mendez to not RS, who else could go 141?

Jared Ball added to this discussion on August 22, 2023

Mendez is likely the only option. Unless D’Emilio stays down. With Sammy’s current state the sliding up of the roster might be put on hold, or not occur at all. Gavin Brown at 149 and Paddy stays at 157.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 22, 2023

Sammy is lucky to be alive and I'm grateful to hear he should make a full recovery. Assuming he sits out the season, the smart move would be to redshirt Mendez as well, wrestle someone like Brown at 149 and accept the outcome. Then break out the studs next season and go after a big year. Your lineup would feature Kilkeary, Bouzakis, Mendez, Demilio, Sasso, Kharchla, Welsh, Rogotzke, Geog and Feldman.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on August 23, 2023

Hank, in your scenario Sasso would be in his seventh year. Would he even want to do that?

This idiot shooter greatly impacted an innocent young man’s life and, less importantly, the Ohio State wrestling program.

The criminal justice system can and should be forgiving. The line for me is drawn at serious bodily injury. Stiff sentence needed here.

Don Bork added to this discussion on August 23, 2023

Just like it was Sammy’s decision (as it should be) to go up to 157, it is Mendez who should decide whether or not to redshirt, and I don’t feel the Sasso situation should impact his decision. Can Sasso return to wrestling this season? I have no idea, but I think the team should move forward with the plan for several wrestlers to go up a weight, while Gallagher can remain at 157. If Sammy can return by January, fine. If not hopefully he can return next season. Best team on the mat this season includes Mendez at 141. But again, that should be his choice.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 23, 2023

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"Hank, in your scenario Sasso would be in his seventh year. Would he even want to do that?

This idiot shooter greatly impacted an innocent young man’s life and, less importantly, the Ohio State wrestling program.

The criminal justice system can and should be forgiving. The line for me is drawn at serious bodily injury. Stiff sentence needed here."

Fair points. I have no idea how this will impact Sammy or the rest of the squad. As for the shooter, I hope he's caught and put down like a dog.

Rex Holman added to this discussion on August 24, 2023

Good fit. Maybe gets to the AA round and gets hot.

He is not a guy that should train hard everyday IMO.

With a different approach to his training, it happens.

He is a lot like Khizan Clarke, who was in law school while juggling wrestling and academics.

When you get so tired from school and training, your compass sometimes points off course.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on August 25, 2023

Quote from Rex Holman's post:

"Good fit. Maybe gets to the AA round and gets hot.

He is not a guy that should train hard everyday IMO.

With a different approach to his training, it happens.

He is a lot like Khizan Clarke, who was in law school while juggling wrestling and academics.

When you get so tired from school and training, your compass sometimes points off course."

IMHO, nobody should train hard every day.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on August 25, 2023

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Sammy is lucky to be alive and I'm grateful to hear he should make a full recovery. Assuming he sits out the season, the smart move would be to redshirt Mendez as well, wrestle someone like Brown at 149 and accept the outcome. Then break out the studs next season and go after a big year. Your lineup would feature Kilkeary, Bouzakis, Mendez, Demilio, Sasso, Kharchla, Welsh, Rogotzke, Geog and Feldman."

i wouldn't bet against sammy wrestling this season. i would bet against him returning next year if he doesn't wrestle this season.

but i don't like to lose, so i don't bet

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on August 25, 2023

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Sammy is lucky to be alive and I'm grateful to hear he should make a full recovery. Assuming he sits out the season, the smart move would be to redshirt Mendez as well, wrestle someone like Brown at 149 and accept the outcome. Then break out the studs next season and go after a big year. Your lineup would feature Kilkeary, Bouzakis, Mendez, Demilio, Sasso, Kharchla, Welsh, Rogotzke, Geog and Feldman."

i wouldn't bet against sammy wrestling this season. i would bet against him returning next year if he doesn't wrestle this season.

but i don't like to lose, so i don't bet"

I bet I can get you gambling before the start of the wrestling season. :-)

Alex Creech added to this discussion on August 25, 2023

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"
I bet I can get you gambling before the start of the wrestling season. :-)"

i'll take that bet!

dammit...

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on August 25, 2023

https://youtu.be/Klr1BKO1MKM?si=93cVLS9-bVDsRiMt