Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Youtube: NHSCA Videos
Justin Hayes added to this discussion on August 30, 2023

It seems that after an 8-10 year hiatus, this Youtube channel is suddenly churning out tons of interesting "Ol' Skool" videos.

I had never seen John McGhee wrestle; the posted match didn't disappoint and lived up to what I had heard about him!

https://www.youtube.com/@NHSCAVideos

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Don Bork added to this discussion on August 30, 2023

Knowing of the dominance of John McGhee here in Ohio so long ago I finally got to actually see, for the first time, a video of him wrestling. I appreciate the post, thanks.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on August 30, 2023

I was a part of that Sr. national team that wrestled in Pittsburgh that year and Johnny was a character. The match with Otto Olson was a great match.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on August 31, 2023

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"It seems that after an 8-10 year hiatus, this Youtube channel is suddenly churning out tons of interesting "Ol' Skool" videos.

I had never seen John McGhee wrestle; the posted match didn't disappoint and lived up to what I had heard about him!

https://www.youtube.com/@NHSCAVideos"

Duuuuuude! The exchange at the 2m 03s mark is LEGENDARY!!!!!

I ran into John McGhee in the Nutter Center between the semis and finals. I had him sign his name on the champion's line. I did the same for Robert Sessley and one other wrestler.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on August 31, 2023

There are some fantastic bouts on that page...Legends all over the place.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on August 31, 2023

Now we need to find Heskett-Cael from Vegas (I think) in high school.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 31, 2023

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"Now we need to find Heskett-Cael from Vegas (I think) in high school."

no Vegas- rather from the first Reno T of C, quarters yes the quarters- Heskett wins 3-2 when Cael chooses down. Then Heskett loses to Rocky Smart of Utah in finals.....

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on August 31, 2023

Forgive my ignorance as my national radar had not been constructed back in the 1990s.

Who the heck is Quinn Foster!?!? Sonny Marchette was A HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!! Quinn wrestled solid, remained in position throughout the entire bout and came out on top. Freaking sweet!

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 31, 2023

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Forgive my ignorance as my national radar had not been constructed back in the 1990s.

Who the heck is Quinn Foster!?!? Sonny Marchette was A HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!! Quinn wrestled solid, remained in position throughout the entire bout and came out on top. Freaking sweet!"

the late Pat Gaalbincea and i were siting 10 feet from that match. We were livid. Sonny got hosed, stalling my asss, that ref well known Pa. homer.... and BESIDES Quinn Foster was 5th year prep school student. i confronted Bob Ferraro on that, he didnt believe it until he checked the records...... just sayin, not lieing #tellitlikeitis

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on August 31, 2023

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"

the late Pat Gaalbincea and i were siting 10 feet from that match. We were livid. Sonny got hosed, stalling my asss, that ref well known Pa. homer.... and BESIDES Quinn Foster was 5th year prep school student. i confronted Bob Ferraro on that, he didnt believe it until he checked the records...... just sayin, not lieing #tellitlikeitis"

I just watched the match and I was guessing who you were referring to before I saw it. Yep, I was right.
I never understood how he was so highly thought of. To me, he always seemed to want to be the show. IMO, we had two guys like that here in Ohio but both are retired.
We should NEVER be noticed.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on September 1, 2023

I watched the match and I thought the stalling calls against Marchette and Foster were unwarranted, but I don't think they effected the bout significantly. Marchette lost because he got taken down in the final seconds of the match, right? Am I missing something?

For the record, it's very possible I'm missing something.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 1, 2023

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"I watched the match and I thought the stalling calls against Marchette and Foster were unwarranted, but I don't think they effected the bout significantly. Marchette lost because he got taken down in the final seconds of the match, right? Am I missing something?

For the record, it's very possible I'm missing something."

if memory serves me, Sonny got the last stalling call, very late in the match, which prompted him to take an uncharacteristic bad shot (against the Blair kid, who was in fact a 5th year high school student.)

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on September 1, 2023

During the bout the announcers said it as Foster who got the stall call. they even comment that he was the one ho needed to score and he got hit for stalling. Maybe the commentators got it wrong? Wouldn't be the first time.

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on September 1, 2023

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"During the bout the announcers said it as Foster who got the stall call. they even comment that he was the one ho needed to score and he got hit for stalling. Maybe the commentators got it wrong? Wouldn't be the first time."

Mike, You got it correct. It was late in the match when the announcer made that comment. Then the winning TD was scored almost immediately.
BTW, I agree with you, the calls were (IMO) not justified but the call against Sonny did not change the match. He lost on a last second TD.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on September 16, 2023

Easy, Mighty Cruiser, easy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hk-BQtxZ4s

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next