Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Ben davino
Jeff Mowrer added to this discussion on September 13, 2023

Quote from Jim Behrens's post:

"

Quote from Nick Lecklider's post:

"Ben davino was just on campus with Marcus blaze and P.J. duke. That would be a huge haul if we could land those two."

Anyone know where Ben Davino might be?"

Apparently he doesn't cut much. 125 is where he's projected.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on September 14, 2023

Others than Devino and Birden, what other recruits in this class are committed to or considering Ohio State?

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on September 24, 2023

"Ben davino was just on campus with Marcus blaze and P.J. duke. That would be a huge haul if we could land those two."

Sounds like Duke is committing to PSU tomorrow

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on September 25, 2023

That's unfortunate.

All in on Blaze and i'd assume Bassett now?

Quote from Jim Kessen's post:

"

Sounds like Duke is committing to PSU tomorrow"

Jared Ball added to this discussion on October 7, 2023

Not sure on this class, but I’m addition to Blaze I’m curious if Vince Bousakis is on the radar. 157 is always a need and with Paddy being a RS Jr I would think it’s a need. Bousakis is in the top 20 pound for pound. Has anyone looked at the PSU’s haul? 7 of the top 14 in this years class are committed. Unreal

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on October 7, 2023

Bouzakis is probably on the radar and I’m sure Nick would love his brother here. I think it may be a Sammy Sasso type situation however that they are not as good as their older brothers. I’m sure he will be recruited but the question will end up being 1. Do you come to Ohio state and battle hard to make the lineup? 2. Or do you go somewhere that being in the lineup is going to be much easier like Sonny did.

Let’s talk Penn states recruiting class. I think flo is about as bad at ranking this class as possible. Penn state got a incredibly biased ranking in this class. Ryder and lilledahl are very good. Beyond that they are stretching these rankings very far for Penn state. Next is Joe Sealey. Joe is ranked number 5 overall and he got beat by two Ohio kids within the last year. His ranking is based on his world freestyle championship. I take ethan bird over him all day. (Which he already won the head to head and is still ranked lower)Ethan has had a very strong summer and has seemed to keep getting better. His athleticism will make him very dangerous in college. Next is the mirosalo twins. They I think are a combined 0-4 vs Ryder Rotogotzke. I do not see how they are both ranked so high. I don’t think their results show that they should be. One is going to have to go heavyweight also. They are going to struggle heavily as a d1 heavyweight. I just don’t see them being guys that are going to be that good in college. Then last but not least Mason Gibson! How he is ranked number 13 by Flo completely blows my mind. He may not be 13 in his weight class! How is he 13 overall. I watched Kilkeary beat him and Dillon Campbell from Legacy Christian. He will not be an impact wrestler at the next level. If that’s Penn states best option that is a good thing for the rest of the NCAA. They still had a great class but a few were severely overrated.

quote="Jared Ball"]Not sure on this class, but I’m addition to Blaze I’m curious if Vince Bousakis is on the radar. 157 is always a need and with Paddy being a RS Jr I would think it’s a need. Bousakis is in the top 20 pound for pound. Has anyone looked at the PSU’s haul? 7 of the top 14 in this years class are committed. Unreal[/quote]

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on October 7, 2023

Marcus Blaze is at Iowa this weekend

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on October 8, 2023

#PizzaHut

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on October 13, 2023

Ben davino is competing next weekend in one of the deepest fields you will ever see in a high school tourney. 5 out of the 6 top ranked wrestlers will be there along with 13 out of the top 20 at 132. I hope he wrestles Bassett in the finals. I am looking forward to watching him compete this weekend.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on October 19, 2023

#8 160 Nick Kunstek committed to Bucks. Spent 2 years at Blair and transferred back to home town public school and had to sit out post season .

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on October 19, 2023

Interesting pickup. He’s ranked eighth at 160, five spots below Bucks commit Ethan Birden. Looking at the two, Birden has the longer frame and is more likely to grow into an upperweight in college.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on October 20, 2023

Nice pickup, never hate recruiting kids who wrestled/wrestled at Blair Academy.

Can anyone find any recent results (Ironman 2022 Super 32) on this kid?

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on October 20, 2023

Rob, he’s registered for Super 32 this weekend at 160 pounds. Should be a good test of what level of recruit the Bucks are getting. Incidentally, Birden is in that same bracket.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on October 21, 2023

New recruit just lost to some unseeded kid from CA 4-2

Don Bork added to this discussion on October 21, 2023

Kunstek was the #3 seed, lost in the second round. We’ll see how he does on the back side.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next