Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Super 32?
Drew Taylor added to this discussion on October 21, 2023

Assumed this tournament was named for the size of the fields - 32 competitors per weight. But apparently I’m wrong, as 132 pounds has 128 competitors! They’ll be there until Thanksgiving.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on October 21, 2023

Worth noting that 132 pounds has reached the quarterfinal round and the eight wrestlers left are the top eight seeds.

Bucks commit Ben Davino has dominated his opponents.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on October 23, 2023

Davino has his first loss in a couple years I believe. Got upset in the semis but came back through the consolations to get third beating number two Larkin again. The highly anticipated Bo Bassett matchup never happened. Guess we will have to wait until Ironman for that one. I really hope Ohio State can land Bassett. Please not Penn state!

Birden wrestled very tough and also got third. Beat the number 19 overall junior
11-8 peretin who is going to Cornell. His only loss was 2-1 to eventual champ. Not sure how it ended 2-1. Must have been no takedowns.

Bouzakis got upset and wrestled back for third. Outplacing the kid who upset him.

Anthony Knox one of the top prospects committed to Cornell. Cornell is really landing some good kids. Not sure if Ohio state was ever in on him but he is a big talent for sure.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on October 23, 2023

Birden lost 2-1 to the eventual champ, a Nebraska commit from North Dakota. The ref awarded a penalty point for an illegal slam when the ND kid hit a granby and Birden released him mid-air. Good bout.

Birden is very good and has made strides from a year ago when be was second at Ironman. I do have questions about his mat game. In some of the matches I watched he showed little interest in riding his opponent. On bottom, he didn’t get free from the ND kid until a few seconds left in the match. Still, Birden is impressive.

Knox’s commitment to Cornell could improve the Bucks’ chances at getting Marcus Blaze. Blaze visited Cornell along with OSU and some others. Gotta wonder if Cornell is now out of the running after landing a stud around Blaze’s weight.

► Add to the Discussion