Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Bucks wrestle offa
Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on October 25, 2023

Hoffman is confirmed going to 184. He got sick and lost some weight. He realizes he wasn’t able to cut the weight a few years ago but has claimed he feels better than he ever has and thinks it’s best for him and the team. Jaggers said it’s his vision quest to be a national title contender here. I love this move if he can handle the weight. let's Rotogotzke redshirt and both him and Geog are in the lineup.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hoffman is confirmed going to 184. He got sick and lost some weight. He realizes he wasn’t able to cut the weight a few years ago but has claimed he feels better than he ever has and thinks it’s best for him and the team. Jaggers said it’s his vision quest to be a national title contender here. I love this move if he can handle the weight. let's Rotogotzke redshirt and both him and Geog are in the lineup.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on October 25, 2023

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cy1OsFGucbO/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 25, 2023

Bucks love to try and figure out how to put together their best possible lineup. In theory, Hoffman to 184 is a good idea if he can make the cut and have energy.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on October 26, 2023

Not sure I agree that Hoffman to 184 is ideal for him. I thought he was a good sized 197, at 184…dear lord. I thought he was very competitive at the weight during his redshirt campaign, but in subsequent years not so much. He was barely .500 during his 1st or 2nd stint if memory serves, and his offense was limited. The lower you go the more athletic guys get. Guess we’ll see

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on October 26, 2023

This was unexpected.

Was just thinking the Bucks won’t be cutting much weight this season. Mendez, D’Emilio and Kharchla are all going up and Bouzakis is said to easily make 133.

Good luck to Hoffman. My sense is this is a bad decision but it may be the only way he makes the lineup in his senior season.

184 is not a particularly strong weight.

Jeff Mowrer added to this discussion on October 26, 2023

This was Hoffman's call at a surprise to coaches and team. He lost some weight while injured and figured his best chance to roster was at 184. Hopefully being more mature about his cut will help him be successful. I'm rooting for him. His build and style could be a handful.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on October 26, 2023

The deeper story to Hoffman dropping is Luke Geog must be very good.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on October 26, 2023

I don’t know why people think this isn’t a good idea. The staff is behind it. Geog may be the better guy at this point. If Hoffman struggles with the weight and doesn’t preform better than Shumate/ Rotogotzke then he will not have the spot. The staff thinks to seem he has his weight more under controlled and can make an impact. Let the three all compete at 184 and whoever is the best wrestles.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on October 26, 2023

What's the downside to Hoffman dropping? If he can't keep the weight or can't perform, Shumate is still there, which is who was expected to man the weight anyway.

The only issue I see is it takes 197 out for him, but we all hoped/thought Geog was the guy at that weight, so nothing hurt there.

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on October 26, 2023

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"What's the downside to Hoffman dropping? If he can't keep the weight or can't perform, Shumate is still there, which is who was expected to man the weight anyway.

The only issue I see is it takes 197 out for him, but we all hoped/thought Geog was the guy at that weight, so nothing hurt there."

Agreed. Not sure he's going to be more competitive at the weight but he's also not the same wrestler he was 3 years ago. Hope he can get healthy, stay healthy, and cap off his career with a strong finish.

Also, 197 is pretty loaded at the top from 1 - 12. If Ferrari comes back second semester, even more so. 184 look like a more reasonable shot to AA regardless of who the Bucks have at the weight.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on October 26, 2023

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"I’m not convinced Hepner is better than Wilcox."

I am.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on October 26, 2023

Wrestling Feldman everyday in practice doesn’t seem like it would be any fun.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on October 26, 2023

Dude is problems. I’m also a Cannon fan.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next