Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Coach Jaggers on The Bader Show (Flo)
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 26, 2023

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6197840-the-bader-show/videos?playing=11351177

Recently, Coach Jaggers spoke with Mark Bader. He discussed the Fab Freshmen, some key points of last season, and even talked about wrestle-offs.

The one point he made - a bit in passing, but resonated with me - was that (we) fans do not know all of the story when something is going on or happens. So...when we come on here or other sites and bloviate, more than likely we're speaking out of ignorance to the whole/full situation.

Another point was "wrestle-offs are a data point" to the overall picture. Jaggers still likes the event; wants them to happen, but the wrestle-offs are not the be-all, end-all.

Lastly, "Who the heck is Mark Bader?" THAT WAS CLASSIC!!!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on October 26, 2023

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"The one point he made - a bit in passing, but resonated with me - was that (we) fans do not know all of the story when something is going on or happens. So...when we come on here or other sites and bloviate, more than likely we're speaking out of ignorance to the whole/full situation. "

That's all fans of all sports. It should have been a passing comment because it's a given — especially at great schools with a passionate and rabid fan base.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 27, 2023

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"That's all fans of all sports. It should have been a passing comment because it's a given — especially at great schools with a passionate and rabid fan base."

I do not want it to be a given in my life. Speaking authoritatively (what should happen, or why something should be different) with little to zero knowledge on the subject seems like a lack of wisdom. Again, I do not want that for me.

Coach Jaggers shared a similar sentiment. Perhaps we should heed those words.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on October 27, 2023

I’m with Brady on this one. All fans are constantly speculating and giving their opinions on what’s going on with “their teams”. No team has transparency, so everyone not directly involved has any clue what they’re talking about. Often times people “close to the program” or even on the roster might not be aware of certain aspects of a situation.

If people aren’t talking about your progress then people don’t care about your program. You can’t have it both ways.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 27, 2023

I’ll disagree with that. I do think it is possible to discuss a person’s team an not come off as an authoritative blowhard. All it takes is recognizing and stating that one does not have all the facts but from the looks of things, “this” or “that” could be the case. End with something like “but I’m wrong a lot” and it displays that everything stated in a post is pure conjecture based on the limited understanding the post-er has about any given situation.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on October 27, 2023

Well, when you put it that way…

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on October 28, 2023

I was meaning this, as a Coach, we know “how fans are” so the attention paid to what any of them say should be between 0% and 0%.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on October 29, 2023

I mean there are entire industries built in speculation between talk radio, ESPN, any and all news agencies. It’s a thing. A multi billion dollar thing. I do appreciate Jag’s candor regarding it. Humility is not a core attribute of the fan biology.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on October 29, 2023

Mark is onto something. Bo Jordan went from dominating nearly every opponent to eking out close wins against mediocre competition.

Turns out his foot was injured to the point he couldn’t even practice. He also had a baby on the way. We simply don’t know what’s going on with these athletes. It’s best to give the benefit of the doubt.

► Add to the Discussion