Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Sammy Sasso update
Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on November 3, 2023

Maybe that was the wrong terminology. They were both high level recruits. Geog was 45 and cannon around 40 also. I just meant I think when it’s all said and done and you evaluate these guys in five years in this class they will both be top ten overall.

People may think I’m crazy but if I had to bet on Geog to All American this year I would say he is going to in possibly the deepest weight. I think Hoffman saw him coming on and knew he had to drop. He had a full offseason to fill out and can’t wait to see him compete.

Cannon was probably only underrated bc of his time off. He should have won Ironman against Webster( who mendes took a loss to last offseason). He was up 3-1 and had a ton of riding time( if it was college would have been a point). In the third. He then completely gassed probably bc of the brutal draw he had being the 13 seed and lost by a point. Taking 22 months off I only imagine he hasn’t come close to his ceiling yet.

Both have plenty to prove and have not done anything yet but I have high expectations on these two and think their development is going to be key for a future title run. Sunday we will get a better glimpse.

Quote from Brian Mathews's post:

"

Quote from Nick Lecklider's post:

"Him and Geog may be two straight diamonds in the rough for this program. I am excited to watch these twos future development."

Not trying to get into a semantics argument, but Cannon and Geog are top 30ish recruits. I don't think they can be considered diamonds in the rough.

Good value for the ranking, more like, but both still have a long way to go to prove that."

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2