Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Discussion Topic: Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational 12/2-12/3
Jared Ball added to this discussion on November 26, 2023

Teams: Air Force, App State, ASU, Binghamton, California Baptist, Cal Poly, Cal Bakersfield, Campbellsville, Citadel, Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Hoffstra, ISU, Long Island, Maryland, Michigan, Morgan State, Nebraska, NC State, Navy, Northwestern, Ohio State, Ohio, Okie State, Oregon State, Purdue, Rider, Sacred Heart, SDSU, Stanford, UNC, UNI, Utah Valley, Virginia Tech, Wyoming.

Top 25 ranked guys
125: 11, 4 of top 6
133: 14, Vito v Daton, maybe
141: 12
149: 10
157: 12
165: 12
174: 8
184: 12, 5 of top 6
197: 14
285: 16

-Stat of the tourney. All these ranked dudes, only one is currently ranked number 1, Parker Keckeisen at 174.
-Best bet for OSU finalists, 174 Karchla. Mekhi Lewis might be banged up. That could put Karchla as a two seed opposite Shane Griffith of Michigan. Feldman could also make some huge jumps in the rankings this week. Colton Shultze might be the biggest and toughest style matchup for Feldman. But word is he might be taking an Olympic redshirt for the Greco team. Hendrickson might not be 100% as well following the all star meet. Lots of bigger but slower guys for Nick to get at.
-Coming out parties potentially for Blaze (157) and Fishback (197)? Also excited to see if we get a glimpse of the Cornell kid at 149. Could be a title shot contender (Shipiro).

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on November 26, 2023

Thanks for posting about this tournament. The quality of the competition has really improved over the years. Besides Kharchla, which buckeyes do you think are likely to place higher than their seed (once seeds are released).

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on November 26, 2023

Mendez will probably be the two seed. He should be in finals. Mendez has a better shot of winning than Carson imo. If Hoffman is healthy and has energy he could be real dangerous at 184 also. Not sure how he will get seeded however. Geog and Feldman I believe are pretty under ranked so I think both wrestle well above seeding. Bouzakis probably won’t get a very good seed also bc of his results so far. I expect him to wrestle above seeding bc of this. Paddy also looks like a much better version than he was last year. I expect a good tournament from him. Also hepner has wrestled nearly nothing the last two seasons so I don’t even expect him to get seeded. Mccrone won’t be seeded so he can only wrestle better than no seed. So the answer to your question is I expect the majority of the lineup to wrestle above seeding. A chance for a lot of these kids to make a significant jump in the rankings. We will have a much better idea about this team next week. The only one who I think wrestles under his seed is maybe D Emilio. Not that I don’t think he’s good. Just I see more people behind him that I think can beat him than people in front of him that he can beat.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on November 28, 2023

157 is going to be fireworks. Blaze 9. Gallagher 10. Chittum 11. Shapiro 14. That’s three number one overall recruits. Shapiro may win this.

Bouzakis Geog and Feldman all in the 8 and 9 setting up bad quarter matchups.
Sloan Geog
Feldman Hendrickson
Bouzakis Fix

Carson looks to have easy path to finals

Mccrone somehow out seeded a guy who majored him.

Demilio 4. Think 4 is his ceiling.

Hoffman 6. Have no idea how he does at this weight.

Mendes 3. Just about right. Think he beats hardy to make finals.

Hepner good seed for barely competing much last two years.

Pre seeds listed on flo

Casey Talbott added to this discussion on November 29, 2023

Hunter over Russell, CKLV blast from the past…

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1019841565958808?fs=e&s=TIeQ9V&mibextid=0NULKw

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on November 29, 2023

Wilcox is now going instead of hepner. I wonder if that was a wrestle off or injury decision? Seed should still be about the same as Wilcox beat Brady who is seeded 10.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on November 29, 2023

Will be happy with a top 5 finish with such a strong field.

Bill Splete added to this discussion on November 29, 2023

The scoring in those throw back matches on Flo, show the Progression of rules. Howe/lewnes match Lewnes backs out several times in the first few min, and I think they give Howe the takedown for his first shot, even with the reaction time.
Love Howe’s style, but Lewnes was a beast in season, never had the NCAA tournament I think was possible.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on November 29, 2023

Quote from Nick Lecklider's post:

"Wilcox is now going instead of hepner. I wonder if that was a wrestle off or injury decision? Seed should still be about the same as Wilcox beat Brady who is seeded 10."

Posted on Bucknuts

News from across the hall is Hepner was down 3-2, Wilcox cut him twice, after which Hepner quit and walked off the mat. Who knows if he reinjured himself or was just frustrated.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 29, 2023

Quote from Jim Kessen's post:

"News from across the hall is Hepner was down 3-2, Wilcox cut him twice, after which Hepner quit and walked off the mat. Who knows if he reinjured himself or was just frustrated."

Yikes. I almost hope its a minor injury and not a "no mas" situation.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on November 29, 2023

Per Flo no Hendrickson so Feldman should move up 1 spot to 8 and could
have Catka at 9

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 29, 2023

"Per Flo no Hendrickson so Feldman should move up 1 spot to 8 and could
have Catka at 9"

If he does meet Catka do you go neutral or down again when Nick has choice? He really struggled on bottom.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 30, 2023

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"

"Per Flo no Hendrickson so Feldman should move up 1 spot to 8 and could
have Catka at 9"

If he does meet Catka do you go neutral or down again when Nick has choice? He really struggled on bottom."

Two options
1) Exploit the new TD3 and enhance your neutral abilities so you don't have to make that choice.

2) (My choice) Recognize that mat wrestling is a facet of the sport and work to enhance your abilities in all phases of the sport. With this in mind, it is the first week of December - if you choose down this time and you get out, the work you have put in since the previous exposure to the blind spot of abilities has been/is being overcome - great! It has transformed from a liability to an asset/benefit. If you do not get out, you now have more information concerning the position and your abilities (weaknesses) in that position.

The danger of avoidance is what happens if you end up in the down position? Get taken down...Someone chooses top. Now, in those cases, you being down is out of your control. And all that while, what WAS in your control was improving your bottom skills.

Last edited by Mark Niemann on December 1, 2023; edited 1 time in total

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on November 30, 2023

I think Feldman opens up and this match isn't as close as it was last time.

Hopefully the young Bucks come out firing, could be a fun tournament!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 1, 2023

Weigh-ins are about to start! <excited>

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next