Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Ohio state post cklv thoughts
Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on December 4, 2023

Mccrone-stock up. He wrestled four matches in a row against ranked guys and could have won them all. Avenged babin loss. His top game is very good. He will be a NCAA qualifier. He is a dangerous matchup for anyone and think he can probably get a win or two an ncaas.

Bouzakis- stock up. The kid he lost to ended up being better than people thought. Not sure if it was a weight cut or just bad matchup. Stormed through the backside to get third. Still needs to beat someone better before I put him in the all American range but I think he’s closing in on being in top 10. Bloodround ncaas

Mendes-stock up. He has jumped levels this year. I really wish he would have redshirted last year. He is a title contender. I think 3rd place is probably his floor and champion is his ceiling. NCAA champ

Demilio-stock up slightly. Beat Arrington and swiderski which I wasn’t sure he would. I am more confident in him becoming an all American now but is clearly behind all the contenders. 6-8 range ncaas

Paddy-stock even. He had the toughest weight class at the tourney. Took a surprising loss to northern Iowa but beat chumbley who he lost to once last year who is ranked ahead of him. I think he’s a borderline aa r12 guy

Wilcox stock even- I thought he had Oregon state kid beat who was highly ranked. He is an NCAA qualifier that no one wants to see. Probably gets a win or 2 at ncaas

Carson stock slightly down-didn’t think he would get taken down three times by the kid he lost to. Other than that wrestled pretty well and still should be an all American. 5-6 range

Hoffman-stock down. No offense. It’s night and day difference with him and Rotogotzke style . Ohio state wins cklv if Rotogotzke is here. He can probably qualify for ncaas and win a match or two but he’s not going to all American. It’s not worth pulling Rotogotzke redshirt early let him develop more.

Geog-stock down. Lost two matches he should have won. Most disappointing buckeye this weekend for me. His mistakes are correctable however and I still think he can have a good season. Bloodround prediction

Feldman stock down. He’s clearly better than the top 20 but behind the top 10. He’s probably another Bloodround guy. He has trouble with some of these bigger stronger heavyweights. He didn’t get a real redshirt so I think he’s still learning to adjust. He will be a title contender in a couple years I still believe but just not physically there yet.

This is a very young lineup and lots can be learned between now and march for these young men. Looking forward to watching them grow and improve.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 4, 2023

Excellent summation Nick.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on December 4, 2023

Nice read.

One quibble on Mendez. If he redshirts last year, he wouldn’t have gained the experience that this year has him in title contention. Can’t have it both ways.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on December 5, 2023

Do we know the severity of Feldmans injury? He appeared to be able to continue in his consi-semi match, but no way that kid is a TF better than him. Curious if it was upper or lower body. He didn’t seem to be able to pull in his single leg finishes. Hopefully it’s minor.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 5, 2023

Quote from Jared Ball's post:

"Do we know the severity of Feldmans injury? He appeared to be able to continue in his consi-semi match, but no way that kid is a TF better than him. Curious if it was upper or lower body. He didn’t seem to be able to pull in his single leg finishes. Hopefully it’s minor."

It looked to be a leg injury. Cheap seat perspective, I think he tweaked his knee and they probably mff out of caution.

He can't finish his shots against upper tier comp because his arms are short. His offense is excellent but he's going to have to make some adjustments on his finishes.

► Add to the Discussion