Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Ohio State v. Pitt - 12/10/23
Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on December 4, 2023

My thoughts:

125 – Brendan McCrone v. Colton Camacho – Camacho lost to Forrest and West at Clarion, and McCrone beat West. I think McCrone is the favorite and if he gets on top, bonus is always a possibility.
3-0 OSU

133 – Nic Bouzakis v. Vince Santaniello – Santaniello beat Bouzakis 11-4 at the Clarion Open, but that seems to be a bit of an anomaly. As we’ve seen, Nic can drop a match he is favored to win, but I think he will bounce back and get the decision.
6-0 OSU

141 – Jesse Mendez v. Cole Matthews – Marquee matchup of the dual. Mendez looks really good, but Matthews is a beast on top. Jesse is going to have to be able to get out from bottom. I think he does and wins this one 4-2.
9-0 OSU

149 – Dylan D’Emilio v. Finn Solomon – DD majored Solomon at Clarion, and I expect another comfortable victory.
12-0 OSU

157 – Paddy Gallagher v. Jared Keslar – Paddy is a solid favorite here and I think he gets a decision. Paddy was 1st at Clarion and Keslar was 4th, while they didn’t match up.
15-0 OSU

165 – Isaac Wilcox v. Holden Heller – Heller is the favorite in my opinion, but Wilcox is so solid that it will be a 1 or 2 point match in the 3rd, with Wilcox having a shot to get the victory.
15-3 OSU

174 – Carson Kharchla v. Luca Augustine – Carson should be looking for bonus in this match. I think he might be the heaviest favorite for OSU.
18-3 OSU

184 – Gavin Hoffman v. Reece Heller – Heller is the favorite here, unless Hoffman wrestles with energy. I see a 3rd period takedown being the difference, and I think Heller gets it.
18-6 OSU

197 – Luke Geog v. Mac Stout – I think Geog is the more talented wrestler, he just needs to make sure not to make bad mistakes. I think he learns from his mishaps in Vegas.
21-6 OSU

285 – Nick Feldman v. Dayton Pitzer – 2nd best match of the dual! At this point, I favor Pitzer, but this is a toss up for sure!
21-9 OSU

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 4, 2023

You do realize Mendez is a bonus machine. Incidentally, MD's are easier to come by with the 3 pt takedown. Lots of shakeups in the record books to come.

My way of saying Jesse by MD.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on December 4, 2023

I hope you're correct Hank!

By the way, my wife's uncle is moving back to Ohio from Texas and is apparently going to be a few blocks from Mr. Brisket! I've already given you my highest recommendation!

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on December 4, 2023

I would think that Nick Feldman might possibly be held out from the dual, based on the time needed for recovery from the injury he received this past weekend.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on December 5, 2023

I agree with Bruce. I also think you minimize the number of weigh ins Hoffman has at 184. I think we see Shumate.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on December 5, 2023

133 I think the kid dodges Bouzakis because he has nothing to gain and only something to lose by wrestling him again. Just like rini did against him.

285 doubt Feldman wrestles. Doesn’t look serious but at least let him heal up a little over the holidays.

In regards to Hoffman it is very dangerous to not be wrestling these types of matches. I think he has to wrestle to try an earn an allocation at the end of the year. If not do you want to put in all your marbles on him to qualify by stealing an allocation at big 10 tourney. I wouldn’t want that gamble.

133 I think the kid dodges Bouzakis because he has nothing to gain and only something to lose by wrestling him again. Just like rini did against him.

285 doubt Feldman wrestles. Doesn’t look serious but at least let him heal up a little over the holidays.

In regards to Hoffman it is very dangerous to not be wrestling these types of matches. I think he has to wrestle to try an earn an allocation at the end of the year. If not do you want to put in all your marbles on him to qualify by stealing an allocation at big 10 tourney. I wouldn’t want that gamble.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next