Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Ohio State v. Pitt - 12/10/23
Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on December 5, 2023

133 I think the kid dodges Bouzakis because he has nothing to gain and only something to lose by wrestling him again. Just like rini did against him.

285 doubt Feldman wrestles. Doesn’t look serious but at least let him heal up a little over the holidays.

In regards to Hoffman it is very dangerous to not be wrestling these types of matches. I think he has to wrestle to try an earn an allocation at the end of the year. If not do you want to put in all your marbles on him to qualify by stealing an allocation at big 10 tourney. I wouldn’t want that gamble.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

133 I think the kid dodges Bouzakis because he has nothing to gain and only something to lose by wrestling him again. Just like rini did against him.

285 doubt Feldman wrestles. Doesn’t look serious but at least let him heal up a little over the holidays.

In regards to Hoffman it is very dangerous to not be wrestling these types of matches. I think he has to wrestle to try an earn an allocation at the end of the year. If not do you want to put in all your marbles on him to qualify by stealing an allocation at big 10 tourney. I wouldn’t want that gamble.

Jeff Mowrer added to this discussion on December 5, 2023

Sorry Nick, didn't catch that. Could you post again?

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on December 5, 2023

Pause and count to 10 before pressing Submit, Nicky Triple Posts...we're all friends here. : )

I have no idea why it does that it posted like 20 after I was off my device even. It inky let’s me delete up to your comments. Sorry about that

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on December 6, 2023

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"You do realize Mendez is a bonus machine. Incidentally, MD's are easier to come by with the 3 pt takedown. Lots of shakeups in the record books to come.

My way of saying Jesse by MD."

Matthews has somehow already taken 3 losses this year, including getting majored by Miller from Maryland. Certainly uncharacteristic of him considering he didn't lose a single match by >2 points over the past two seasons.

Agree, Mendez by MD very much in the cards.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on December 7, 2023

Love it Lecklider, getting your point across. I just hope we win a couple matches!

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 7, 2023

Per OSU website: Wilcox & Hoffman will wrestle, but 285 it's Feldman/Mike Misita/or Hogan Swenski. I wish TR would clear up what is happening at 165 with Hepner. Also how many Bucs will be at CSU Open on Sat. I would love to see the freshman wrestle.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on December 7, 2023

My guess is if the dual is out of reach in Bucks favor then Feldman won’t wrestle.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on December 8, 2023

Although my opinion matters very little, I think the Hepner train has been way overhyped. Our sample size is 9/10 matches in a three year period. We see a wrestle off result, and an open result and get really excited about it, which is understandable. Perhaps, the reality is more that his style is a very specific style that gives some guys difficulty. Much like I’d imagine Wilcox can be difficult to handle in some scenarios. Based on how Isaac wrestles I’m not surprised that he emerged from the wrestle off as a starter. We know the staff loves him. He’s the only spot starter in the program that’s a black shirt. I dunno. Just a thought

Roe Fox added to this discussion on December 8, 2023

Since I’m likely heading to IM, can’t swing the match Sunday. Anyone want my two tickets? First come, first served.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 8, 2023

Jared: Good point. We don't know a lot about Hepner other than a wrestle off victory (an inauspicious barometer of talent) and a win at the CSU Open. Winning those matches is better than losing them but there's just not a lot to go on otherwise.

Sam Delio added to this discussion on December 10, 2023

Quote from Jared Ball's post:

"Although my opinion matters very little, I think the Hepner train has been way overhyped. Our sample size is 9/10 matches in a three year period. We see a wrestle off result, and an open result and get really excited about it, which is understandable. Perhaps, the reality is more that his style is a very specific style that gives some guys difficulty. Much like I’d imagine Wilcox can be difficult to handle in some scenarios. Based on how Isaac wrestles I’m not surprised that he emerged from the wrestle off as a starter. We know the staff loves him. He’s the only spot starter in the program that’s a black shirt. I dunno. Just a thought"

Sam Delio added to this discussion on December 10, 2023

Hi Roe,

Are your tickets to the Pitt match still available?

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next