Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Rant about streaming services
Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on December 18, 2023

Hello,

One of the frustrations I have when trying to stream movies is that there are too many streaming companies (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, etc), each with their own content. I cannot really afford to have subscriptions to all of them, which means that there are some movies which are not available for me to view.

The same thing occurs with companies that stream wrestling. A few years ago a Flowrestling subscription included the Big Ten so most of my wrestling viewing was covered by just one subscription. That agreement is no longer in place and so now I subscribe to both Flo and BTN+.

For the Collegiate Duals a Rofkin subscription is required, which I don't have. Some wrestling content requires an ESPN+ subscription and then there are the big matches that require a TV subscription. I have Verizon but it doesn't include the ACC matches. One could go broke subscribing to all these services.

Rant off.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on December 18, 2023

I feel you there. I haven't quite done the math on it but I know for sure I'm spending far more now on streaming services than I ever did on cable.

The past few years they've been offering streaming "bundles"... hmm, a collection of different networks that I can bundle together for a reduced price? Reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Being a wrestling fan is expensive.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on December 18, 2023

I’m not paying for Rokfin. As much as I want to watch tomorrow’s matches, I can’t justify the $25.

That and Rokfin’s Willie Saylor is insufferable. I won’t support him.

► Add to the Discussion