Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Vince Bouzakis
Drew Taylor added to this discussion on January 16, 2024

Nic Bouzakis’ brother is a junior with titles this season at Ironman and Powerade. He’s a top 15 recruit who projects at an area of need for the Buckeyes, 157-165.

Most of the top recruits in his class have announced their college plans. Bouzakis has not. Anyone know if there is mutual interest with Ohio State?

Bouzakis is an excellent folkstyler. However, a recent interview he did gave me pause when he advocated for moving high school wrestling to freestyle. Maybe he was just having fun or maybe he doesn’t plan to wrestle in college.

Anyone know anything?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 16, 2024

Drew, as long as you are asking about Nic's brother, I wondered did OSU ever go after Sammy's brother Sonny when they had the chance? I also think Vince looks like a good fit at 157-165 down the road and he is starting to compile an impressive resume.

John Herren added to this discussion on January 17, 2024

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"Drew, as long as you are asking about Nic's brother, I wondered did OSU ever go after Sammy's brother Sonny when they had the chance? I also think Vince looks like a good fit at 157-165 down the road and he is starting to compile an impressive resume."

Its apples to oranges when you compare the two resumes of the younger brothers. Or is Sonny older then Sammy?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 17, 2024

Sonny is a true frosh at Virginia Tech and finished 6th in Vegas at 197. Bucks probably recruited him but already had Geog and Shumate. Maybe Virginia Tech made him a better offer?

Jared Ball added to this discussion on January 19, 2024

The Bucks were absolutely after Sonny. Geog, remember, was recruited to be a 184. It was pretty well known that Sammy wasn’t too happy that he chose the Hokies over the Bucks. Sonny is going to be a force at 197.
I’ve long hoped that the Bucks would land Vince. He’s put together a very impressive junior season. Even better, Nick and Vince’s sister might out do both of them

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on January 19, 2024

I think Bucks would be better off with Sonny at 197 and I think he will have a better career than Geog.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 19, 2024

Quote from Jim Kessen's post:

"I think Bucks would be better off with Sonny at 197 and I think he will have a better career than Geog."

I like Sonny a lot but Geog has shown improvement of late after an uneven start. He reminds me a bit of Heinselman. He has a lot of offense but needs to become better at picking and choosing when to attack.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on January 21, 2024

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"Nic Bouzakis’ brother is a junior with titles this season at Ironman and Powerade. He’s a top 15 recruit who projects at an area of need for the Buckeyes, 157-165.

Most of the top recruits in his class have announced their college plans. Bouzakis has not. Anyone know if there is mutual interest with Ohio State?

Bouzakis is an excellent folkstyler. However, a recent interview he did gave me pause when he advocated for moving high school wrestling to freestyle. Maybe he was just having fun or maybe he doesn’t plan to wrestle in college.

In addition to all the reasons above, he wrestles for Wyoming Seminary, and any in roads to that program could pay dividends. He is as bug a no Brainerd recruit as I can remember in terms of who Ohio State should target. I'm sure none of this is lost on Anthony Ralph.
Anyone know anything?"

► Add to the Discussion