Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Discussion Topic: Ohio State vs. PSU
Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on February 3, 2024

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"If a man going behind gets a takedown if the other guys pinky grazes the mat, Vinny had far more. "

Of course, that rule was changed this year.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 3, 2024

I’m sorry but there was no gray area that was just a bad no call.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 4, 2024

I enjoy watching this team.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on February 4, 2024

Hank If you go to page two I said if Bouzakis gets the first takedown he has a good chance to win. Nagao gets the first takedown and he is so tough on top would have rode him out. Nagao got too far behind to ever be able to utilize his top wrestling. Never have I said Bouzakis is awful. I also think Nagao is slightly overhyped. He got hot at the end of last year and I’m not convinced he is a sure fire AA again this year. Bouzakis is just sloppy at times. He has too many head scratching matches. If you think I should apologize for saying he might not be in the lineup next year I still stick to that. Davino has beat Larkin twice, Forrest twice and Blaze within last year. Those guys are winning college tournies. The best place is to get all three of them in but is Mendes going to bump up again?? Davino has a redshirt so maybe they ulitize that until Mendes gets big enough to make the move. But if there is one man out of those three it’s probably going to be Bouzakis. If he moves up he will have to deal with Cannon also which could be a problem. Someone is going to be transferring out eventually. Iowa was all over Bouzakis last portal season is what everyone was rumoring also. They also have a woman’s program. If he ever did transfer Iowa would be my guess. I hope we can find a way to get all four of these guys in the lineup but right now we have 4 good guys in 2 weights.

quote="Hank Kornblut"]

Quote from Rick Wasmer's post:

"Lemley is a problem"

Woods is overrated and Hawks are getting their butts kicked.

Bucks showed up tonight. Regardless of calls, we will see some of those results reversed down the road.

Nick Lecklider owes Nic Bouzakis an apology.[/quote]

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 4, 2024

Well, Nick, I didn't read carefully. As for these hs guys beating college 125's, I'd counter that there are no superstars at this weight class. I mean Drake Ayala? Pretty good but in a more normal year he (and most of this wt) are round of 12 guys. The HS guys are tough but your expectations for Davino are higher than mine. Ultimately, we'll see. And I do like Davino.

Again...just my opinion. To paraphrase the great M-Rod, I'm wrong all the ffing time.

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on February 5, 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrvk5GHmPdo

Casey Talbott added to this discussion on February 5, 2024

Quote from Jim Behrens's post:

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrvk5GHmPdo"

Jim -
Yeah, I saw that clip.
Cael said it with a straight-face; meanwhile Beau Bartlett tried to maintain his.
If you watched the reactions/faces of the folks in the arena, including the PSU coaches, wrestlers (including Davis himself), and fans, as this happened and during the review process, I think the lead ref may well have been the only person there who believed this was the correct call.

Oh well, I guess we move on...

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 5, 2024

Pretty easy for Cael to say that knowing that they get every controversial call to go their way.

Still think Bo had a TD in the finals against Hall.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on February 5, 2024

Cael knows wrestling. Cael knows it was a takedown. Cael knows he has to support the officials who give him all the calls.

Jim, we know you usually back the officials calls -- but there is no backing that butchering of a call.

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on February 5, 2024

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

Jim, we know you usually back the officials calls -- but there is no backing that butchering of a call."

Brady,
I think you missed my message. I was in NO way supporting the call. In fact, I think it was botched horribly in real time and (worse still) on replay. I have no idea what they could have possibly seen in the replay that supported the lack of a change. If I were asked, I would guess that ego is a big part of the problem.
My reason for posting was never to justify the lack of a call, it was merely to point out what the coach had to say for public consumption.
Hopefully this explains it better,
Jim

"

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

Jim, we know you usually back the officials calls -- but there is no backing that butchering of a call."

Brady,
I think you missed my message. I was in NO way supporting the call. In fact, I think it was botched horribly in real time and (worse still) on replay. I have no idea what they could have possibly seen in the replay that supported the lack of a change. If I were asked, I would guess that ego is a big part of the problem.
My reason for posting was never to justify the lack of a call, it was merely to point out what the coach had to say for public consumption.
Hopefully this explains it better,
Jim"

I understood your post. I just quoted it to comment to you. When PSU fans join tOSU fans who join PSU Natty Champs and Jim B in saying the call was butchered, you KNOW it was butchered. Lol.

It’s still mind blowing how it was missed.

Oh well, moving on to Indiana.

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on February 6, 2024

From the NCAA Officials Coordinator.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/12047221-NCAA-official-coordinator-releases-statements-on-reaction-time-calls

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 6, 2024

Quote from Jim Kessen's post:

"

Pretty easy for Cael to say that knowing that they get every controversial call to go their way.

Still think Bo had a TD in the finals against Hall."

It still bugs me to this day when Logan met Zane the first time at PSU, he got the first TD and had an arm bar and half, he started running it and the ref stops the action with potentially dangerous. I have seen Logan use that move dozens of times and never gets that call. But that night in Happy Valley they stop the action. Had he been allowed to continue he would have gotten back points and never gone into OT. BTW Logan beats him at Big Tens & NCAA. Even in FS I do not believe Zane ever beat Logan again. Then the other night, lo and behold, a bad no call rears its ugly head.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 7, 2024

Anyone notice in Hepners match he was cranking a power half and Mitch had both had a locked to prevent it, let’s go slaps the mat and the ref immediately calls stalemate.

I don’t think Hepner turns him but was in a position to ride longer.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next