Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: 2/4 #7 OSU v #13 Rutgers 1pm
Rob Wagner added to this discussion on February 5, 2024

Quote from Jared Ball's post:

"Rogotske and Bousakis are the ultimate feast or famine guys. Neither are good draws in the tournament if you’re a high seed, but their style also leaves a lot open to losing to lesser opponents. Shawver wrestled a great tactical match. Limit attacks and stretch the match out to the third period. Bousakis has demonstrated that he has real gaps in his ability to wrestle touch in the third period against solid opponents. While that’s a problem off the two hour weigh in I think he’s a nightmare further into a tournament.

Rogotske is fun to watch, but not positionally disciplined. He does everything you tell high school kids not to do, which makes him fun and dangerous. Against solid neutral wrestlers that finish quick and clean he might struggle this post season.

D’Emilio has struggled, but not all that dissimilar from previous seasons. He’ll clean it up in the end, but he’s a fringe AA guy. Not likely anything above round of 12 or 7th place. He will be draw dependent at nationals"

I am happy with the dual vs Rutgers. Thinking out loud here, no particular order.

Bouzakis- Great win Friday tough loss to a kid ranked 1 spot below him. When they meet again Bouzakis will win. I expect him to move up 1-2 spots in the rankings this week.

Rogotzke- Man he is fun to watch. Soldano very similiar style to Ryder. If they wrestle again I would not be shoakced if Ryder gets the pin this time around. For a true freshman i'm not worried, he will get better with time.

Geog needs to work on his gas tank, but a solid win nonetheless. I think over the last 3 years Geog, Shumate, and Rocky Jordan all have an upset win over Poznanski. Hope Geog can build off this.

Feldman a controlled win over #7. I think he breaks into the top 8 this week.

DD- Man, rough weekend for the kid. let's hope this is a slump and he gets his offense and mindset together before Big Tens.

Next up: Indiana.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2