Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: OSU vs Mich State
Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on February 23, 2024

If Carson returns and is finally healthy you let him wrestle no matter what. A healthy kharchla can beat anyone. The last season he was healthy he took o toole to the brink and had a controversial call go against him. Welsh has a redshirt to use if he wants, and if he wants to be in the lineup let him go 184. Welsh future is bright but you let Carson wrestle his senior year if he comes back to his peak form.

Quote from Rick Wasmer's post:

"

Quote from Nick Lecklider's post:

"Jason…. Ryder did wrestle 195 his senior year so I think he could eventually go to 197. Carson kharchla looks like he is coming back next year. Rocco can either go 184 or redshirt. Neves hasn’t weighed under 200 pounds for three years. 197 isn’t happening. With Rocco and Ryder both having redshirts they should have plenty of time to put on the weight. If they both did that then maybe Birden could slide in at 174 after Carson graduates."

At this point I don't think it's a given that Carson beats Rocco in a wrestle off. It will be interesting to see how Rocco does at Big10s and NCAAs."

Add to the discussion and quote this      

If Carson returns and is finally healthy you let him wrestle no matter what. A healthy kharchla can beat anyone. The last season he was healthy he took o toole to the brink and had a controversial call go against him. Welsh has a redshirt to use if he wants, and if he wants to be in the lineup let him go 184. Welsh future is bright but you let Carson wrestle his senior year if he comes back to his peak form.

"

"Jason…. Ryder did wrestle 195 his senior year so I think he could eventually go to 197. Carson kharchla looks like he is coming back next year. Rocco can either go 184 or redshirt. Neves hasn’t weighed under 200 pounds for three years. 197 isn’t happening. With Rocco and Ryder both having redshirts they should have plenty of time to put on the weight. If they both did that then maybe Birden could slide in at 174 after Carson graduates."

At this point I don't think it's a given that Carson beats Rocco in a wrestle off. It will be interesting to see how Rocco does at Big10s and NCAAs."

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 23, 2024

Nick--your assumption is that if Kharchla shows up healthy he'll remain healthy throughout the course of the season.

Bold assumption.

That said--if his minutes were managed, you could use Welsh for five events and have others fill in.

Sasso and Kharchla could both be back next season. Same for Paddy Gallagher.

"

"

"

"

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 23, 2024

What happens if Carson returns and is healthy?

Sorry about all the multiples. I can’t delete them after someone comments. I promise I only submit them once. Not sure why my phone continues to post them somehow.

If Carson gets injured again mid season then you do the same as this year. You let Rocco take over. Carson deserves at least one more shot imo. Hopefully this surgery is a long term fix.

Matt Schein added to this discussion on February 23, 2024

in regards to Carson the best ability is availability, and historically that hasn't been the case, but I agree a healthy Carson can be anyone in the country. I personally can't see him coming back, his body has taken a beating over the years.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 23, 2024

I could be wrong but I don't think Carson ever had surgery before to fix his knee until now.

I think the assumption is getting surgery should fix the issue and allow him to be healthy.

Time will tell.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 23, 2024

Just saw on OSU site Rocco & Ryder get their well deserved black shirts, GO BUCS! Stay healthy boys.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on February 24, 2024

"Sorry about all the multiples. I can’t delete them after someone comments. I promise I only submit them once. Not sure why my phone continues to post them somehow.

If Carson gets injured again mid season then you do the same as this year. You let Rocco take over. Carson deserves at least one more shot imo. Hopefully this surgery is a long term fix."

Does it matter who wins the wrestle off? I know it's only one data point.
Don't get me wrong, we all love Carson but if Rocco has a successful post season, that has to carry some weight into next season.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on February 25, 2024

I think I’ve been pretty consistent in stating that I’d be very surprised to see Carson back. In five collegiate and four high school seasons he was healthy for maybe two seasons. His luck and his body just haven’t cooperated. At some point you have to weigh quality of life long term. We all know guys at 40 that walk around like they are 70. He strikes me as a highly intelligent and reflective guy. I’m sure those are things he it’s evaluating.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3