Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Discussion Topic: Big Ten results
Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 10, 2024

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"Nic B will get an at-large bid and still has an outside shot at top 8. Immensely talented just has serious lapses in judgement/focus (or so it appears ).

Really hope it turns around for him because he is an incredibly likable kid.."

He seems to getting better at upper body throws, under hooks, body locks. Like you said, if he can eliminate those lapses in judgement he will be tough to beat. I've noticed he wrestles on one knee in order to protect his legs, which he didn't do early in the season. Nice adjustment.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on March 10, 2024

Kharchla was on crutches and had a full length cast/brace on his right leg so I assume he is on the mend from knee surgery. Sasso was limping quite noticeably so I have to wonder how well he will be able to heal.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 10, 2024

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"Nic B will get an at-large bid and still has an outside shot at top 8. Immensely talented just has serious lapses in judgement/focus (or so it appears ).

Really hope it turns around for him because he is an incredibly likable kid.."

He seems to getting better at upper body throws, under hooks, body locks. Like you said, if he can eliminate those lapses in judgement he will be tough to beat. I've noticed he wrestles on one knee in order to protect his legs, which he didn't do early in the season. Nice adjustment."

I think he will be fine. I think those lapses tend to be due to gassing a bit at the end of matches. It can, to a large degree, be improved.

Casey Talbott added to this discussion on March 10, 2024

Quote from Nick Lecklider's post:

" Bouzakis may all American and may go 0-2 at nationals. I really wish Crookham would have beat him in high school. He just may have been a buckeye then. Looks like he may be the national champ.

Look at his Ironman championship from 2019 126 pounds
1. Bouzakis
2. Crookham
3. Shawver
4. Ragusin
5. Rocco welsh

He has been passed up by all these guys"

Wow, that is a loaded Ironman bracket. Rocco must have eaten some Wheaties, since then. ;)

Nick -
I think you’re being too hard on Bouzakis. I’m sure he’s disappointed in his weekend. But he did have a pretty tough draw, up top and down below. He’s a redshirt freshman, and has shown signs that he can compete at a very high level. So I’m keeping the faith: 1) that he may have a nice run, in two weeks; and 2) that he has a bright future as a Buckeye.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on March 10, 2024

Nic will get an at large. Wilcox secures automatic, great to see. I think McCrone and particularly Hepner have wrestled themselves out of an at large.

Matt Schein added to this discussion on March 10, 2024

Hepner looked completely flat all weekend, almost like he didn’t event want to be there. I’m not there, nor do I know him at all, that’s just my observation

Matt Schein added to this discussion on March 10, 2024

Hepner looked completely flat all weekend, almost like he didn’t event want to be there. I’m not there, nor do I know him at all, that’s just my observation

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on March 10, 2024

Buckeyes under Tom Ryan have often underperformed at the Big Ten tournament. My understanding is that when the regular season ends, the training load increases with an eye on the national tournament. If some of these guys look sluggish, it may be partially by design.

Then again in some years the team has looked excellent at this tournament. Who knows.

Jesse Mendez outphysicaled a very physical Real Woods for two scores. Tonight he wrestles Bartlett for the top seed at nationals. Like the last meeting, it’ll likely go to sudden victory.

Did anyone else see the shot defense Feldman turned into a takedown against Davison? High, high level stuff. Feldman won’t beat Kerkvliet but I’d like to see him close the gap. Really impressed by Feldman since the new year.

Welsh as Hank points out contends for a national title next year. Could it happen this year? I’m not ruling anything out. His game isn’t missing anything.

Bouzakis will be fine.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on March 10, 2024

I do not think I’m being too hard on Bouzakis. I think I’m giving an honest assessment. He is probably a borderline top 20 guy. I think he was getting too much love in the rankings. He caught Orine and beat a Nagao who was also over ranked bc of last year. All other top 20 kids have beaten him. I do think he will probably all American eventually but not this year and maybe not even for the buckeyes.

Davino is also just that good. There is no other recruit in the country I would take over him other than Bo Bassett regardless of weight. (Ferrari if he wasn’t a complete liability)Davino has an absolutely crazy hit list. Blaze, Jax Forrest, Larkin to name just a few. Those kids are already winning college opens. I honestly believe Davino is already better than Bouzakis today. I think he will be an immediate high all American. I don’t see mendes moving up either

Quote from Casey Talbott's post:

"

" Bouzakis may all American and may go 0-2 at nationals. I really wish Crookham would have beat him in high school. He just may have been a buckeye then. Looks like he may be the national champ.

Look at his Ironman championship from 2019 126 pounds
1. Bouzakis
2. Crookham
3. Shawver
4. Ragusin
5. Rocco welsh

He has been passed up by all these guys"

Wow, that is a loaded Ironman bracket. Rocco must have eaten some Wheaties, since then. ;)

Nick -
I think you’re being too hard on Bouzakis. I’m sure he’s disappointed in his weekend. But he did have a pretty tough draw, up top and down below. He’s a redshirt freshman, and has shown signs that he can compete at a very high level. So I’m keeping the faith: 1) that he may have a nice run, in two weeks; and 2) that he has a bright future as a Buckeye."

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on March 10, 2024

Wow! Great match Jesse!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 10, 2024

Quote from Rick Wasmer's post:

"Wow! Great match Jesse!"

Nice. Bucks haven't had a national champ in about 6 yrs. Hopefully that will end in a few weeks.

Luke Moore added to this discussion on March 10, 2024

If you can't place in the top 8/9 in your conference, then in my opinion, a WC should not be given. Give a chance to the guys who lost a heart breaker in the finals of a smaller conference. You have to perform when it matters. Just my opinion.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 10, 2024

"I really wish Crookham would have beat him in high school. He just may have been a buckeye then. Looks like he may be the national champ. "

Enjoy him at Lehigh for now. Next year PSU might make him an offer he can’t refuse.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 10, 2024

Quote from Luke Moore's post:

"If you can't place in the top 8/9 in your conference, then in my opinion, a WC should not be given. Give a chance to the guys who lost a heart breaker in the finals of a smaller conference. You have to perform when it matters. Just my opinion."

For my life, I can't figure out why smaller schools aren't getting more transfers from guys who can't start at top 20 programs.

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on March 11, 2024

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Please elaborate when you have time."

What I meant is that these guys are not ready to compete for national titles. Maybe I'm being picky. But I think the program is better off if Rogotzke and Welsh are both redshirting. I know, I'm operating without the same information the coaches have. They have their reasons, it's fine.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next