Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Alright let's Start Talking Next Year's Buckeyes
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 29, 2024

I don't see Welsh as moving up to 197. But maybe 184? Rogotzke is not particularly big either. Where does he go?

And then of course there's Kharchla. He'd be a good one year fit at 174 if Welsh moves up. But he's got big holes in his game. He doesn't ride well. His bottom needs fine tuning. And everyone knows he's going to shoot on his opponents right leg. It's a really good leg attack but he needs more variance. If he's back and starting, I'd recommend he watch Aaron Brooks riding technique on video.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Alright let's Start Talking Next Year's Buckeyes
Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 29, 2024

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"I don't see Welsh as moving up to 197. But maybe 184? Rogotzke is not particularly big either. Where does he go?

And then of course there's Kharchla. He'd be a good one year fit at 174 if Welsh moves up. But he's got big holes in his game. He doesn't ride well. His bottom needs fine tuning. And everyone knows he's going to shoot on his opponents right leg. It's a really good leg attack but he needs more variance. If he's back and starting, I'd recommend he watch Aaron Brooks riding technique on video."

There have been times when Kharchla has put in tough rides, turking guys, using the assassin on some, riding opponents out. I often wonder when the top guy doesn't really make an effort to keep a man down, is he bad on top or does he just plain hate to ride? I think Geog is in that category. When you watch these upper level matches it seems overwhelmingly you have to ride guys to some degree, Sasso was an example, he could ride if he had to and won some close matches because of that skill. But when your opponent stands up and you make no attempt to bring him back to the mat I really have to question if he really wants to ride.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2