Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Discussion Topic: Transfer Portal
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on April 3, 2024

Quote from Mike Stann's post:

"

Quote from Jim Kessen's post:

"Rumors Hendrickson might transfer out of AF to use his last year of eligibility.

Missouri is the place if he does."

How does one transfer out of the Air Force Academy? don't you have to make a commitment to serve?"

According to X he has already secured his education delay from AF and could transfer to Okie State or Missouri

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jack Muni added to this discussion on April 4, 2024

Based on what happened at NCAA, Feldman should be ranked preseason #1 unless any of the 4 seniors that finished above him return for another season. Nick has to figure out, just as Davison did, how to beat Hendrickson, if he does come back. I'll be glad when this "extra year Covid" crap is done for good! It just doesn't seem fair a guy that wasn't even in college when the 2020 NCAA's were cancelled gets 5 years of eligibility.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 4, 2024

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"Based on what happened at NCAA, Feldman should be ranked preseason #1 unless any of the 4 seniors that finished above him return for another season. Nick has to figure out, just as Davison did, how to beat Hendrickson, if he does come back. I'll be glad when this "extra year Covid" crap is done for good! It just doesn't seem fair a guy that wasn't even in college when the 2020 NCAA's were cancelled gets 5 years of eligibility."

The free covid year was the biggest botched decision by the NCAA in my lifetime. It’s as if elementary kids made the decision after 12 seconds of thought.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on April 4, 2024

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"Based on what happened at NCAA, Feldman should be ranked preseason #1 unless any of the 4 seniors that finished above him return for another season. Nick has to figure out, just as Davison did, how to beat Hendrickson, if he does come back. I'll be glad when this "extra year Covid" crap is done for good! It just doesn't seem fair a guy that wasn't even in college when the 2020 NCAA's were cancelled gets 5 years of eligibility."

The free covid year was the biggest botched decision by the NCAA in my lifetime. It’s as if elementary kids made the decision after 12 seconds of thought."

Couldn't agree more. I love Dylan D and the work he puts in but I hope he doesn't come back and If he does then I hope Cannon beats him out.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on April 4, 2024

The Bucks got a team trophy in 2023 based on the free Covid year. We must not forget that. But yes, I’m ready for this to be over.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 4, 2024

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"Cardenas at 197 makes sense for Ohio State. He’s a title contender. But what is he looking for? He’s the only available portal entry worth pursuing.

Michigan is embarrassing itself chasing low All-Americans and bloodround types. These guys provide minimal scoring at the NCAA tournament. Hopefully HS recruits are paying attention."

The chatter has been that the Rutgers 285 is transferring to UM. But it's just a rumor. Has not happened and no one really knows if it's in the offing.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on April 4, 2024

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

"Cardenas at 197 makes sense for Ohio State. He’s a title contender. But what is he looking for? He’s the only available portal entry worth pursuing.

Michigan is embarrassing itself chasing low All-Americans and bloodround types. These guys provide minimal scoring at the NCAA tournament. Hopefully HS recruits are paying attention."

The chatter has been that the Rutgers 285 is transferring to UM. But it's just a rumor. Has not happened and no one really knows if it's in the offing."

According to Flo he wanted to go to Michigan last year before something came up that prevented it from happening.

D3 197 2x Champ from Wartburg is in portal. He didn't allow an offensive pt. last year. How do you evaluate a D3 kid? Kid looks like a monster.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on April 4, 2024

Very fascinating the new UM philosophy. Has anyone seen an interview with Coach Bormet where he is asked to explain the strategy?

They seem to be all-in on the portal.

Does that impact HS recruiting? Does he and his staff believe this is more effective path to compete with PSU? How does the alumni base (and donor pool) feel about the plan?

I'm generally curious, because he's a great coach and smart guy. This is clearly their main focus.

Jeff Reid added to this discussion on April 4, 2024

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"Very fascinating the new UM philosophy. Has anyone seen an interview with Coach Bormet where he is asked to explain the strategy?

They seem to be all-in on the portal.

Does that impact HS recruiting? Does he and his staff believe this is more effective path to compete with PSU? How does the alumni base (and donor pool) feel about the plan?

I'm generally curious, because he's a great coach and smart guy. This is clearly their main focus."

Looks like Rylan Rogers is in the portal. I wonder if he is fed up with all the transfers coming in. He should be a pretty good get. Wonder if he goes to Okie St. where his cousins went?

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on April 4, 2024

Quote from Jim Kessen's post:

"

"

The chatter has been that the Rutgers 285 is transferring to UM. But it's just a rumor. Has not happened and no one really knows if it's in the offing."

According to Flo he wanted to go to Michigan last year before something came up that prevented it from happening.

D3 197 2x Champ from Wartburg is in portal. He didn't allow an offensive pt. last year. How do you evaluate a D3 kid? Kid looks like a monster."

"Most Valuable Performer - Massoma Endene, Jr., 197lbs., Wartburg College
Endene concluded his second season at Wartburg as the 197-pound National Champion for the second consecutive year. The No. 1-seed at the national tournament started the weekend strong when a tech fall in 2:53 over Ryan Galka of Ithaca in the championship wrestle-in round. The junior picked up a fall in just 39 seconds in his next bout over Luke Hopkins of Baldwin Wallace. In the championship quarterfinals, Endene won by tech fall again in 2:36 over Lorenzo Pellot of Roanoke. He advanced to the national championship match after taking down Montgomery Mills of Westminster by a 9-4 decision. Endene defeated Concordia-Morehead's Gabriel Zierden by a 12-4 major decision to claim the top spot on the podium to continue his impressive career as a Knight.

Endene was named the Most Dominant Wrestler for the 2023-24 season averaging 5.27 points each time he stepped on the mat. He finished his season with an undefeated 28-0 record with a winning streak of 42 that dates back to the NWCA National Duals in the 2022-23 season."

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 5, 2024

"The Bucks got a team trophy in 2023 based on the free Covid year. We must not forget that. But yes, I’m ready for this to be over."

I didn't forget and my wrestler had his best year ever -- but a team trophy was there for the taking in 2020 also.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on April 5, 2024

Brady, yes, the Bucks were primed for a big tournament in 2020. But there was no way getting around that cancellation. The debate is about 2021 and it not counting toward one’s eligibility. That decision has both helped and hurt this program.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on April 5, 2024

"Jacob Cardenas, 197, Cornell."

Looks like Michigan is buying a new AA.

Cardenas to UM. I guess we know why Rodgers is leaving.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on April 5, 2024

Great pickup for Michigan. Wonder if Bucks inquired.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 5, 2024

"Brady, yes, the Bucks were primed for a big tournament in 2020. But there was no way getting around that cancellation. The debate is about 2021 and it not counting toward one’s eligibility. That decision has both helped and hurt this program."

If the NCAA did it the right (in my opinion) way, 2020 wouldn't have counted -- the team trophy would have been earned in 2021. So as far as a team trophy for the Bucks is concerned, it's a wash.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next