Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Good Luck to the Wrestlers who play Football!
Brent Rastetter added to this discussion on August 25, 2007

Wanted to wish all the wrestlers who moonlight as football players (or vice versa) good luck this season, and more importantly, stay healthy!! Let's give a shout out to some of the wrestlers who helped their respective football teams. My Lexington boys had a great start with a 50-7 win over Ontario and all the wrestlers stayed healthy!! Key contributions from some of the wrestlers included Brad Gallik (279 yards on 25 careers, new school record, and 4 TD's - Brad is also a 2x state qualifier in wrestling), Dan Lochtefeld (state alternate in wrestling last year, plays center and helped open up the holes for Brads record setting night), LJ Windom (defensive linemen, part of a group that completely shut down Ontario's O - 2x district qualifier), and Michael Gallik (safety, again - helped that dominating defense - state alternate last year). Good job boys!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

David Armstrong added to this discussion on August 25, 2007

"279 yards on 25 careers, new school record, and 4 TD's" Thats a pretty good stat.... give that kid the game ball...

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on August 25, 2007

Gallik's came over from Northmor?

Brent Rastetter added to this discussion on August 26, 2007

Yes, they grew up in the district - moved to Northmor when the oldest was an 8th grader, now they are back. Very nice addition for both football and wrestling.
Hey Armstrong - little Hile beat a couple of state qualifiers at a tourney a few weeks ago, all that good coaching you've given him the last couple summers is paying off!!! p.s. You missed Gambucci beating Keck in ping pong at camp and the then result of Keck having to shave his head!! Not pretty!

David Armstrong added to this discussion on August 26, 2007

thats my boy.... he needs to hurry up and graduate so he can wrestle at CSU!! .... keck shaving his head would've been an amazing sight!!! he needed a make over anyhow..haha

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on August 26, 2007

Brent,
Looks like you guys are stacked in football and ready for wrestling already! The Galliks will be a huge addition. We're very young (5 of our 8 returners are underclassmen and all of them - yes even the 103 pounder - are on the football team). Stocum, our heavyweight from that competition camp, was on the line (not many stats for linemen though!). We beat Beachwood 48-7.

Brent Rastetter added to this discussion on August 26, 2007

Dan -

Stocum is in for a HUGE year. I wouldn't be a bit shocked to see him wrestling Saturday night this year. A win like that in football means those guys in the trenches got it done, I'm sure he moves a few bodies around! <strong>
I'm excited about this season, we have had a really strong off season. We will be solid top to bottom and the cool thing is we will only have a few seniors starting, most likely only 3. Of course, that will depend on how everybodies weight falls and how healthy we can stay. I love football but i am ready for wrestling season! I keep checking Coach Tonns Crestview website because he has a countdown timer going to mark the first day of practice! 74 days from today!!

► Add to the Discussion