Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: 2009 OSU Buckeye...
Doug Noel added to this discussion on September 3, 2007

Flowrestling has a report from Ozone stating that Collin Palmer verbeled to Buckeyes. Always thought he would end up there, (brother) just didnt hear anything about it. Did I miss something? You guys holding back info? lol

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on September 3, 2007

Unfortunately, no.

<sign_oh>

Last edited by Dan Cosimi on September 5, 2007; edited 2 times in total

Brendan Moody added to this discussion on September 3, 2007

Great news for the Buckeyes. Coach Ryan finally did what Hellickson should have been doing for many years: targeting St. Ed's wrestlers (I only wish they could have gotten Roddy). Now, all they need to do is get some St. Paris Graham kids to make that room at war zone. If they could get Taylor then a lot people will be loving Coach Ryan.

Doug Noel added to this discussion on September 4, 2007

What about landing Boyd from St. Paris, or Witt from Oak Harbor? Also thanks for the links.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 4, 2007

on another forum Dwayne Palmer is flat out denying this, he says Colin will take his 5 visits next year.

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on September 4, 2007

Collin didn't verbal. I got bad info. Sorry about that. In my defense, I wasn't the first one that publicized it! haha.

Hopefully he will commit though...

O-H!

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on September 5, 2007

The O-zone was the first one to report the story. I wonder where he got that information. I would take all 5 visits they are free and they usually wine and dine you with great stuff around campus.

I remember when my friend was being recruited by Ohio State he said they took him to the Penn St game and they had awesome seats.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on September 6, 2007

DC: Don't sweat it. The way some people are reacting to the report is silly. I hope he wrestlers at OSU. I'd be surprised if he didn't. He's a great high school wreslter. Some are acting as if this high school junior's choice of school will somehow change life as we know it. It won't.

Oh, and supposedly you won't be the one to "scoop" the story when he does verbal in November, 2008, nearly a year before he can even lace them up for whatever school he chooses. People need perspective.

Keep up the good work. I enjoy this site. It isn't self-important in tone like others. It is informative. Thanks.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 6, 2007

Roe--Your post is right on. One of the most humorous aspects of wrestling forums is the notion of "the scoop." Everyone has the same info within hours of each other. Plus, none of the sites generate income. What's the difference as to whom has what first? I'd understand if money were at stake. But no one gets paid to run these sites.

Certain people need to be the first to break the story but only because of their own low sense of self esteem.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 6, 2007

Kevin Schlosser called me a couple nites he ago, he authored the Ozone article ---- he admitted he made journalistic error-- which he regrets-- by not checking directly with the subject, in this case the Palmer family. A retraction is being prepared.

i met Kevin at NCAA tourn last March, he seems like a good guy, a conscientious guy--- mistakes happen, no big deal when they are corrected immediately which this was.

(Hank, now various people's self esteem is being analyzed on here ? ha, ha, whats next ?)

Roe Fox added to this discussion on September 6, 2007

Gosh Bob, everything right up until the parenthetical was spot on. You are one of the best, in my opinion. I personally think you are getting better, also. Don't worry so much. You drive a lot of the "talk" on these forums and it is much appreciated. I always make at least one session of the Ironman and believe it is a great tournament. Keep up the good work.

By the way, where is Jameson going?

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on September 7, 2007

I've heard Jameson is being recruited by the biggest of the big nationally and the smallest of the small locally. Everyone wants him. I have no idea where he's going to end up, but wherever it is, that team will have an awesome 149 for the next four or five years.

If (and that's a big if) he were to go to Ohio State, where would he wrestle? He'll probably be at 149 but we have Lance Palmer there. At 157 we will have Sean Nemec. There would be Gable-era-esque situation in the room where there are multiple AA candidates fighting to just to be on the varsity squad.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 7, 2007

If Jameson were a Buckeye, Palmer would be a junior when he arrived. Redshirt him for a year, and there's only one season where he sits/starts/competes another weight class. Of course, this assumes Palmer doesn't redshirt.

Erik Nell added to this discussion on September 7, 2007

Do you guys think that more and more of the elite kids from Ohio are wanting to become Buckeyes because they are Buckeye fans regardless who may be in front of them. Kind of like the football squad?

Also what are your thoughts on David Taylor, do you think he would consider Ohio State, or do you think he may go the Henry Cejudo/Harry Lester route?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 7, 2007

Roe Fox,
thanks ---- Ironman field will be revealed on or about Oct 1, much of it is known already--- will again have the best field of teams of any tourn in America plus special wrestlers, like Richie Spicel of Brunswick who was entered this week, probably at 140. Ironman is the only tourn where Blair & st Eds meet head to head, and this year # 1 contender st Paris Graham will make it even more interesting. We are glad u enjoy it.

i am told its been decided J.D. Bergman will go 285 for Ohio St this season, leaving Weinrich as the probable 197. 285 not a deep wt this season, so could be good move. Weinrich a pretty good trf, and will be a very big 197.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next