Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: 2009 OSU Buckeye...
Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on September 7, 2007

Well, I'll tell you one thing, these rising tuition rates certainly won't help being in stud Ohio wrestlers. We students (and the parents who help with the bill) don't appreciate how much OSU has been coming out to gouge us for getting higher education. I don't know where rates at Non-Ohio schools are heading, but this is a large state school and it should be affordable to those choosing to stay in state. However, if other schools are raising rates as well, it'll just make more financial sense to stay in state and compete for a powerhouse program that OSU can provide (or seek the many other institutions in state). Anyway, from the short interview David Taylor gave after his win at Fargo it seems he wants to go to college, now a lot can happen in a year and if he really does crave world gold sooner than later he'll take his cue from Harry Lester and jump into that realm immediately. For the hopes of myself, as I'm sure other hardcore Ohio State wrestling fans, we'd like to see both he and Collin Palmer stay in state at OSU. We've got to start somewhere, Ohio State needs to keep the ball rolling, staying competitive against Big 10 powers like Minnesota, Iowa, PSU, etc. and putting out national champions. There's no better recruiting gig than a winning team.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on September 7, 2007

Erik,

Yes and kind of. Being a Buckeye fan definitely helps. I also think that the Buckeyes being a Top 10 (and getting better) program helps out alot. The Ohio student-athletes know if they want to wrestle with the best, they will go to Ohio State. It's similar to the mentality Iowa kids had under Gable, only Ohio State is on the cusp of greatness, they haven't won a gazillion titles in a row... yet.

David Taylor will wrestle folkstyle in college (I haven't heard anything different) and the college that he attends might be named The Ohio State University. At least, I'm hoping it is. I know there is mutual interest, but that's all I know.
---

Bob,

I think it is finally the year that St. Paris Graham is #1 in the state and the nation. They are loaded and St. Edward graduated everyone from 140-285 other than Roddy. If anyone stops Graham's run, it will be Blair.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 7, 2007

DC,
re st Paris & Blair neither wil field as great a team as both st Eds and Blair did last season, those were two GREAT teams but only one could win it.

Yes i think st Paris will finally be the best team in Ohio , but being # 1 in nation is different animal. St Paris has never done it before while Blair and st Eds have. Big Dif between # 1and everyone else , and until u prove u can do it, u aint done it yet. So i still give slight edge to Blair.
-----------------------------------------

Nicholas S says, "For the hopes of myself, as I'm sure other hardcore Ohio State wrestling fans, we'd like to see both he and Collin Palmer stay in state at OSU. "

fact is Ohio St has budgeted $$ already for both MUST-HAVES David Taylor and Collin Palmer to sign in november 2008. Might not get both, but will fight like helll to sign both. Ohio St in Ryan era not letting the home state be invaded as happened so often in the past.

Certain Ohio kids each year wil be targeted as too good to let get away , regardless what wt they might project to. Recruit them or face them -- and protect the home turf--- is Ohio State's policy nowadays.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on September 7, 2007

What can I say? A guy like me who's gotten into the swing of things when it comes to wrestling likes to know that the staff is going tooth and nail to make it the best program possible and not just settling down. As long as we're making an effort to go after the best and hopefully get the best I'm a satisfied Ohio State fan.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2