Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Discussion Topic: Iowa at Ohio State
Rex Holman added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

Wow, most impressive dual meet win in tOSU history. Everything went right and the Buckeyes competed like a championship team. Steibers are awesome and let me make distinction of that, Logan's match was strategically brilliant as was Hunter's. Totally made use of their strengths and never let their very dangerous competitors utilize their skillsets. Every wrestler on the team wrestled with an attitude and created scoring opportunities and figured out a way to win. This is the first time tOSU has beaten Iowa in the modern era(Gable on). Big props, keep that momentum rolling.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

Congratulations Buckeyes. That's a statement win, and a program builder. Top to bottom, everyone contributed and did what they needed to do and then some. DiJulius, Stieber, Stieber, Tessari, Demas, Campolattano...Are you kidding me? I can't get over how good this freshmen class is. The savvy that these guys wrestle with is uncanny. Can you imagine how good they'll be in a few years? But unlike years past, there's no "wait till next year" with this group.

So again, congrats on a well deserved win. You earned it.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Congratulations Buckeyes. That's a statement win, and a program builder. Top to bottom, everyone contributed and did what they needed to do and then some. DiJulius, Stieber, Stieber, Tessari, Demas, Campolattano...Are you kidding me? I can't get over how good this freshmen class is. The savvy that these guys wrestle with is uncanny. Can you imagine how good they'll be in a few years? But unlike years past, there's no "wait till next year" with this group.

So again, congrats on a well deserved win. You earned it."

If you were a Buckeyes fan...you could see yourself liking this team :-D

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

What I am most excited about is the wins from Demas and Garcia. These two have had to taste defeat more this year than ever in their lives, and they are showing true resolve.

Both should feel a great sense of pride for their performance tonight, and hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

I think Dommicone (sp?) embodied what the whole team was about tonight. A 157lber going up to 174 and only giving up a 3 point decision. That was just guts. Didn't give up bonus points in a scenario that was going to be tough on him no matter how you sliced it. Even in defeat he earned a win for the team. You won't hear his name that much when analyzing this match, but he did what the team needed when they needed it. Even though Iowa won that match, they would have needed bonus points in order to start the momentum shift back their way. By keeping it to just 3, he kept the momentum on our side.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

Ring, Ring....

Tom Ryan: "Hello"
Bo Jordan: "Hi Coach...I've been thinking about my decision and I've decided--

Tom Ryan: "Bo--hold on--I've got another call."
Switches lines.
"Hello?"
Nate Tomasello: "Hi Coach, I've been thinking about where I'd like to go to college and have decided--

Tom Ryan: "Hold on Nate...give me a second....Yeah J. what is it?"

J.Jaggers: "Tom I've got Dominic Abounader on my cel phone. He couldn't get through and he wants to talk to you."

Tom Ryan: "Tell him I'll be right there...yeah Bo?"
Nate Tomasello: "It's me coach...it's Nate."
Tom Ryan: "Hold on, Nate."

Text message coming in to Tom Ryan in the midst of the flurry of communications: Coch Ry. I'm comin 2 tOSU. Eddy Bright

Tom Ryan holds up text to Lou Rosselli, J. Jaggers and Ross Thatcher.

Picks back up his cel phone:

Bo Jordan: "I'm coming."
Nate Tomasello: "I'm coming."
Dom Abounader: "I'm coming."

---------------------------------

Kidding aside, a win like this is a huge factor in getting the best recruits.

Congrats to the coaches, wrestlers and their families on a great win in front of around 5600 fans. It's a defining moment for a young team with a bright future. Tom Ryan was hired to win this match. He did it.

Tommy Rowlands added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

Most fun I have ever had watching wrestling. The whole team came through. What an amazing job by a young, talented, and hungry team. Great job by coaching staff.

The beat goes on. But...... it is nice to enjoy tonight as a Buckeye fan.

Kevin Mount added to this discussion on January 21, 2012

Don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. WOW! I was only able to follow the dual on twitter and it was still the best OSU dual I've ever seen.

FYI BTN will have replay Tues. 1/24. If they don't lie like the did when they said they'd have the OSU v. Purdue dual on.

Leo Zimmer added to this discussion on January 21, 2012

Wish I could have been there to see the look on T. Brands face. I bet he nearly blew a blood vessel!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 21, 2012

174: Grandominico

He and Dijulius - although they did lose - did so in a way that helped the team. A straight decision against McDonough, while yes, a loss, could have set Iowa up with momentum. But his style/strategy did not allow for it.

And Grandominico wrestling up TWO weightclasses and not giving up bonus!?!?! As the man once said... Nuts and Guts.

... And those are the two of the three losses!!! Nevermind the 7 wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy Rowlands added to this discussion on January 21, 2012

Iowa is AMAZING at winning toss up matches. Ohio State went 6-1 in any perceived toss up or slightly favored match. That's the difference. That's how you beat a great team. The Bucks showed how good they are tonight. Maintaining that level is the challenge. They are up for it.

Great win tonight. It's great to be a Buckeye.

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on January 21, 2012

While I don't believe this team is at a place where they can maintain this level of intensity, I think it is a glimps of things to come. What is being forgotten is this: We started 4 true freshman, 2 RS-FR, and at least 1 RS-SO. This team showed such grit for its youth. If they figure out how to sustain what they did tonight, they will be a real national power.

Kevin Mount added to this discussion on January 21, 2012

No Seniors in the lineup, but also not Juniors either.

Patrick Niemann added to this discussion on January 21, 2012

Awesome atmosphere! Great dual!

O-H-

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 21, 2012

Quote from Patrick Niemann's post:

"Awesome atmosphere! Great dual!

O-H-"

Well, well, well... I didn't know you wanted to get in the discussion, Mr. Helper!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfi4s8cjLFI (Language)

If my count is right, I think we were up to at least 10 high fives last night!

By the way... I - O!!!!!!!!!

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next