Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Discussion Topic: Iowa at Ohio State
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 21, 2012

Jack: I got home last night at 9:30pm. After kissing my kids goodnite and taking my dog out, I sat down, logged in to BTN, and anticipated watching the bout. (In the past, I'd been able to watch events that had already taken place). The match would not load and I kept getting Aaron Rodgers insurance commercials. Finally, I threw in the towel and looked up the match score. I couldn't believe it!

Glad to know I can finally watch.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 21, 2012

Hank, when my cable went out last night, all I kept thinking about was your post telling me I should drive down to Columbus and see it live. I kicked myself all night for not doing it. This was the first time all year my cable went out. AHHHHH!

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on January 21, 2012

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"Rick, the BTN Digital is finally posting the video of the match, which I missed because my cable was out due to the weather yesterday (great timing). I had only the audio to listen too today."

Great, I 'm looking forward to watching it again. I 'm very glad I went down to watch, it was great with the crowd going wild !

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 21, 2012

I still wonder why Ryan moved a 149/157 guy up to wrestle 174. What happened to Kyle Riley-Hawkins? At the beginning of the season Ryan said he was doing good. I know Grandominico had some varsity experience from last year, but it seems like such a big jump. Anyone know what the deal is?
BTW: Did anyone else think Camp should have gotten back points for the cradle on Gambrall?

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on January 21, 2012

[quote="Jack Muni"]I still wonder why Ryan moved a 149/157 guy up to wrestle 174. What happened to Kyle Riley-Hawkins? At the beginning of the season Ryan said he was doing good. I know Grandominico had some varsity experience from last year, but it seems like such a big jump. Anyone know what the deal is?
BTW: Did anyone else think Camp should have gotten back points for the cradle on Gambrall?[/quote

I thought he could have gotten backs for the first pancake, before the cradle

Andrew Waldron added to this discussion on January 21, 2012

Went there with a friend.

Had a blast time. 5,500+ in audience is impressive- since the icy snow weather were approaching tOSU big time. Had to drive home with white knuckles.

Didn't expect Derek to win. The audience looked as if they were expecting Derek to lose but went wild when they saw the momentum.

Great win for Derek! Derek had a biggest smile of all when his hand was held up. I think MVP has to be Derek.

Logan did a great job on Ramos. I don't think Ramos expected that Logan would be absolute hammer on top. Ramos wrestled Logan before in both Folk and FS. I think Ramos would choose neutral next time.

Hunter did a great tactic on his opponent. I was waiting for that Iowan to go aggressive in third period but he didn't. Props to Hunter! Looking forward to Russell-Hunter in February!

Overall, GREAT WIN!!! First win since 1966! Amazing! New era starts for the Ohio State. Next year would be more incredible with Chris Phillips coming in!

Onward To MARCH!!

Last edited by Andrew Waldron on January 21, 2012; edited 1 time in total

Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 21, 2012

Match recap and post-match interview with Tom Ryan and Tom Brands:

http://www.buckeyewrestling.com/?q=node/44208

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on January 21, 2012

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"Match recap and post-match interview with Tom Ryan and Tom Brands:

http://www.buckeyewrestling.com/?q=node/44208"

"...and that's the strategy: I'm moving up in the bracket." That sums it all up right there. Every week each of them improve and move themselves up in the the NCAA brackets. Good stuff.

Thanks for posting this. I like the happy Tom after a win way more than the mad Tom after a loss. That Tom scares me!

Alex Creech added to this discussion on January 21, 2012

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"Match recap and post-match interview with Tom Ryan and Tom Brands:

http://www.buckeyewrestling.com/?q=node/44208"

I was a little hestitant to listen to Brands's interview, based on a couple other ones I've listened to and some of his mat antics, but I did, and I was pleasantly surprised. He was complimentary and basically said he was taking his medicine on this one.

Mike Hojnacki added to this discussion on January 22, 2012

http://www.gohiocasts.com/coverage/247798-Saint-Paris-Graham-St-Edward-GOhioCasts/video/578950-Tom-Ryan-on-Beating-Iowa

I love this interview for so many reasons, but my favorite is that Grandominico. was texting Tom Ryan the night before to put him in, even at 174! He weighed in at 157 and was telling Coach Ryan that he wouldn't give up a major.

If that doesn't tell you that the whole team was fired up, I don't know what will.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 22, 2012

Brands seemed different in that interview. I'm not sure if it was relaxed, humbled, loose... something.

All in all though, excellent stuff.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on January 22, 2012

"depends on the nut you have in the line-up. Is he a tough nut or an easy-to-crack nut."

Thoroughly enjoyed that description and his willingness to take his medicine.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on January 23, 2012

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

""depends on the nut you have in the line-up. Is he a tough nut or an easy-to-crack nut."

Thoroughly enjoyed that description and his willingness to take his medicine."

My favorite part of the interview as well.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10