Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Discussion Topic: Iowa at Ohio State
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 17, 2012

Quote from Luke Moore's post:

"It should be a great atmosphere in St. Johns. Hopefully the crowd can stay enthusiastic and loud throughout the evening to help these young guns through those tough matches.

In my eyes, this could be a long night for the Bucks. I just think it is a matchup thing. I am not sure Stieber, Dijulius, etc. can handle the physical nature of Iowa. Hopefully I am wrong.

See everyone on Friday. Shawn, my wife is 6 months pregnant and I am making her come to this one. Too good miss!!!"

2nd paragraph, 2nd sentence... Or they are just better!?!? But kudos to you and your wife on the soon-to-be...and making her go!!!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 18, 2012

Sometimes these "probable starters" aren't updated to reflect injuries, but Ohio State's preview lists DiJulius, Tessari, Demas and Magrum as probable for this weekend.

Also notable is this parking advisory:

1. Wrestling public parking is available in the lot just north of St. John Arena, in the lot just south of French Field House (please note the only entrance into this lot is at the west end of the lot), in the lots around Ohio Stadium and the Lane Avenue Garage (there is a fee to park in garage)
2. Please note that there is major road construction on Woody Hayes Drive adjacent to St. John Arena and traffic will be slow.
3. Wrestling fans are encouraged to arrive early and give themselves ample time to park their vehicle.
4. Wrestling fans are encouraged to enter campus using the Medical Center Drive exit or the Kinnear Road exit and come north on Cannon Drive and park in the lots adjacent to Ohio Stadium.
5. Fans will be able to purchase tickets to the match on both the north and south sides of St. John Arena.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 18, 2012

Upon receiving and reason that email, I wondered... Do you think they'll open another ticket booth??? Naaaaaaaaahhhh...

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on January 18, 2012

Why am I, a 34 year old man who has never met Logan, already a little nervous about the Ramos match? Is that unhealthy? Um, probably.

I have as ton of respect for Ramos, but here's hoping that Logan wrestles well and beats him up!

Wish I could be there.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 18, 2012

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"Why am I, a 34 year old man who has never met Logan, already a little nervous about the Ramos match? Is that unhealthy? Um, probably.

I have as ton of respect for Ramos, but here's hoping that Logan wrestles well and beats him up!

Wish I could be there."

I'm 48 and unsure of what constitutes stalking. I feel the same way.

Instead of driving down to Columbus on Friday afternoon and attending the match, I have an important family obligation which cannot be sloughed off. My hope is to come home and watch the video without finding out the score first.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 18, 2012

Good luck with that, Hank. I'm still waiting for the video replay from the VT dual to be available online so I can watch it.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on January 19, 2012

I'm not picking a score because that doesn't usually go well for me. However, I think this young team will put up a better effort than we haev seen over the last few years. I recall this board lighting up a year or two ago about what appeared to be an almost total lack of effort, let alone positive results.

I think this team is a new breed of cat. I don't think they will back down to anyone, even Iowa. In fact, while this is a good Iowa team, I think there have been better, even recently.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on January 19, 2012

There will be a live blog on www.intermatwrestle.com.

GO BUCKS!!!!!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 19, 2012

Asking for the truth...

If Ohio State has their lineup intact (excepting 125--they should hold out DiJulius if he's not 100%)

Am I crazy for thinking that the Bucks can make this a really good match?

My rationale--Iowa wrestles PSU on Sunday and that is the match that decides the Big Ten title. It's mid January and Ohio State is at home. I really think this is the perfect time to wrestle Iowa while they're traveling mid season and looking ahead.

Silly?

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on January 19, 2012

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Asking for the truth...

If Ohio State has their lineup intact (excepting 125--they should hold out DiJulius if he's not 100%)

Am I crazy for thinking that the Bucks can make this a really good match?

My rationale--Iowa wrestles PSU on Sunday and that is the match that decides the Big Ten title. It's mid January and Ohio State is at home. I really think this is the perfect time to wrestle Iowa while they're traveling mid season and looking ahead.

Silly?"

Yes, you are crazy. :-)

I'd be happy if OSU won 3 matches. If Magrum is out, I think 2 is more likely. Iowa matches up very well against OSU IMO.

But man, the future certainly is bright.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 19, 2012

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"I'm not picking a score because that doesn't usually go well for me. However, I think this young team will put up a better effort than we haev seen over the last few years. I recall this board lighting up a year or two ago about what appeared to be an almost total lack of effort, let alone positive results.

I think this team is a new breed of cat. I don't think they will back down to anyone, even Iowa. In fact, while this is a good Iowa team, I think there have been better, even recently."

http://ohiowrestling.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2240&start=0 ...here is the 2009-2010 season match discussion. Derek Gainey, who I haven't heard from much lately, overrides the discussion, but it's not a terrible read.

I'll hunt down the 2010-2011 dual that took place last year.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on January 19, 2012

Mark...That's an interesting read. I think this year's dual will go in a similar direction.

I like Stieber at 133, and if Magrum is in and St. John is out, I think Ohio State cold win as many as three bouts. If Iowa is at full strength and Magrum is out, I could see Logan Stieber as the only win.

Although, a win by Hunter at 141 is not out of the question and Tessari is kind of a toss up. If Magrum is in and St. John is out...Gramball han't been the same at 197 as he was at 184. So, if I were an Ohio State fan, I could see a scenario where Ohio state wins six matches. So, in that regard I see where hank is coming from.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on January 19, 2012

You guys are all really missing it. I'll be taking in my 3rd grade daughter in Aladdin Jr., the musical -- she's part of the ribbon dancers.

Stieber vs. Ramos bahhhhhh!!!!!

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on January 19, 2012

Brady...You're a lucky man.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on January 19, 2012

I can't decide if I'm going down to the match or watching on btn digital.
Might depend on the weather

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next