Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Discussion Topic: Iowa at Ohio State
Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on January 19, 2012

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Brady...You're a lucky man."

I know. I kid around but I wouldn't miss the play for the Olympic trials. I will be right where I want to be (but as soon as I get home, I'll be checking updates). :)

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 19, 2012

Rick, I'm thinking along the same lines as you. I want to watch the match live, but the thought of driving down & back in bad weather, while I still have the "monthly" subscription on BTN digital, where I watch it in the comforts of home. Plus there were those warnings about all the construction going on near the arena, sounds like a mess.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 19, 2012

Brady: you heading out to Iowa City!?!?!?! April 20-22!?!?!?!?!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 19, 2012

Rick and Jack--Drive to Columbus.

The only reason I'm not going is because it would lead to divorce. My wife doesn't mind me going to matches but expects me at this event tomorrow night. My mistake for not putting in dibs on this date months ago.

It's the Buckeyes and the Hawkeyes and Ohio State has a terrific young team. Sit together, chant OH--IO, root the Stiebers on to victory, watch Tessari hit a move that's never been seen for five points, see Josh Demas hit a shot so quickly that you don't even know it happened...it's all going down tomorrow night.

Or at least drive to Kent to see them take on the Bobcats. I'd LOVE to see that one too.

If I ever win the lottery....

I'll never miss a major wrestling event.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Brady: you heading out to Iowa City!?!?!?! April 20-22!?!?!?!?!"

I am checking into the possibility.

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

If you have any questions about the Iowa City area let me know. I just moved from Cedar Rapids, IA about 8 months ago and can help if needed. IMO, very nice and quiet area.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

Quote from Mike Taylor's post:

"If you have any questions about the Iowa City area let me know. I just moved from Cedar Rapids, IA about 8 months ago and can help if needed. IMO, very nice and quiet area."

Thanks.

"very nice" ????? maybe, but I'm originally from Minnesota so Iowa is MN what KY is to OH. :-)

Roe Fox added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Mark...That's an interesting read. I think this year's dual will go in a similar direction.

I like Stieber at 133, and if Magrum is in and St. John is out, I think Ohio State cold win as many as three bouts. If Iowa is at full strength and Magrum is out, I could see Logan Stieber as the only win.

Although, a win by Hunter at 141 is not out of the question and Tessari is kind of a toss up. If Magrum is in and St. John is out...Gramball han't been the same at 197 as he was at 184. So, if I were an Ohio State fan, I could see a scenario where Ohio state wins six matches. So, in that regard I see where hank is coming from."

Michael: I agree with this almost completey as far as how it can go good and bad. I see the matches more competitve than in years past.

My one question, though, is do you discount the chance of Capone pulling it out against Telford? If we are talking upsets, Telford hasn't been unbeatable and I don't think Telford is better than Jack, who Capone had until the unfortunate late pin.

Rex Holman added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

Capone v Telford could very likely be an OT match with the difference being in who is the better rider.
Telford is not really athletic but is he is big, good at controlling ties and driving forward. He is getting coached to not make mistakes and drive forward, which means he will only shoot occasionally. Telford does not have much of an explosive attack which bodes well for Capone. Capone gets in trouble when he readily engages against an explosive wrestler. Capone is undersized but very adept at counterwrestling. I don't see a lot of points being scored although the action could be very good.

Rex Holman added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

Also, I see Telford wanting to stay in collar wrist rather than underhook. I think he has a new found respect for an underhook after wrestling Gelogaev of OSU. I would love for him to dig an underhook in on Capone and see what it gets him. It would likely be sore neck and a nice view of the rafters.

Leo Zimmer added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

I apologize this has been covered already...

So tonight, the BTN will air the Purdue vs. Wisconsin dual. Ohio State vs. Iowa will not air until Tuesday. Someone at that network should have their head examined. Of course my opinion is biased.

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

C.J. Magrum tweeted that he wouldn't be wrestling tonight, FYI.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

Quote from Freddy Carr's post:

"C.J. Magrum tweeted that he wouldn't be wrestling tonight, FYI."

Well, he'd be key to any upset as Wagner is easily Iowa's weakest starter. Too bad Ken Courts isn't ready to go...

Alex Creech added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

Last edited by Alex Creech on January 20, 2012; edited 1 time in total

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

I've decided I won't be heading up to St. John Arena tonight. Will anyone be putting updates on here?

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next