Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Discussion Topic: Iowa at Ohio State
Rob Wagner added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

Awesome!!! PC thabks for the updates, bucks coulda beat anyone tonight,gotta love the intensity. first td in almost every match. Keep it up boys.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brian Grimm added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

Congratulations Buckeyes!

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"Tell Capone he's done enough and take it easy. Time to enjoy this one. If I was in C-Bus I'd buy at the Varsity.

I haven't felt this good since Clarett stripped that punk on his way to prison in the championship after the interception.

Oh, I felt pretty good after the hiring of Urb, too."

They certainly have some fuel to add to their fire of belief that they can win. This will make the match a week from Sunday a fun one.

How awesome is it that guys that struggled early are showing growth and improvement in the middle of this grueling BigTen season? Garcia could have just as easily rolled over and quit with all of his troubles a few weeks ago...now he is on top of the world. That is the sign of a great coaching staff, a great room, and a great organization!

John Herren added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

That is awesome. We are out here at Tulsa Nationals and all the Iowa folks were saying we did not stand a chance.

Sweet, can wait to see some of those folks.

Last edited by John Herren on January 20, 2012; edited 1 time in total

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"I fully admit to wussing out of prognosticating this match. The pendulum could swing many ways in this one. I hate admitting that experience drives the final score towards Iowa in this one. The good thing is, the potential exists for a Buckeyes win. It will be fun to see how Tom has the boys motivated and coached up."

I certainly did not enter the evening expecting a win. But I knew it could happen. I am stoked about how this team is coalescing! They needed this win.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

"I think this team is a new breed of cat. I don't think they will back down to anyone, even Iowa."

Who said that? Even a blind squirrel. . .

While the big guns got the ball rolling, Garcia showed up big and made the route possible, in my opinion. Demas and Camp were stars, too.

One thing from the videos I've seen of Gable, including "A Season on the Mat" (which I have somewhere). He pushed his guys just as hard after big wins as big losses. Let's see what PSU and the Conference tournament bring.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

What a great match, glad I drove down !!

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

I can't explain how awesome this win is. I feel so great for Garcia, who I have heard many times is a great kid, for turning it around after some struggles. The whole team wrestled lights out.

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

Wow! That was fun!

I was WAY wrong on this one! And gladly!

That was incredible. EIGHT FRESHMEN in the lineup!!! And SIX of them won!

Logiebear set the tone with a CONVINCING win over Ramos. Those 3 backs to start it off were like Eric Davis touching up Dave Stewart in '90 to set the tone for an upset sweep.

Congratulations Buckeyes! Very proud of you.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

I don't know where eight freshman is coming from. DiJulius, Stieber, Stieber, Tessary, Demas, Garcia, and Camp. That's seven. Grandomonico, Heflin, and Capone are sophomores.

My wife wants to know what's wrong with me, the kids are hungry, I can't breathe, and there is a police car outside of my house.

Still, when you think about the attitude change this can have on the team, the coaches, RECRUITING, etc., this is impossible to measure.

Just no clunkers down the stretch.

Last edited by Roe Fox on January 20, 2012; edited 1 time in total

There will be some stumbling, but they are picking up momentum and hopefully they will peak in March. Having JJ in the room is a big help with that.

"Having JJ in the room is a big help with that."

True. He would throw up a crap match once in a while but shined at showtime. Maybe just what this team needs.

Plus, while I have no idea for sure, My guess is that Logan sets a pretty good example. Maybe Kevin or Ben can help with that.

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

Quote from Pat Costilow's post:

"I don't know where eight freshman is coming from. DiJulius, Stieber, Stieber, Tessary, Demas, Garcia, and Camp. That's seven. Grandomonico, Heflin, and Capone are sophomores."

Right my bad, thought Grando was a RS frosh. Forget he got a few matches in last year.

Anyway, point stands! :-)

Don Bork added to this discussion on January 20, 2012

Wow! I knew the young bucks matched up well and that there would be a lot of good matches. I, along with alot of others figured we could win as many as 7, or 8 with Magrum. But the hope of winning ALL of those was, I thought, more than could be expected. There's alot of great coaching and alot of no quit in that room. What a performance. So proud of TOSU wrestling program and all those who are a part of it. This is still a young team, and there will be stumbles along the way, but I think the sky is the limit because of the fight and attitude of these kids. Looking forward to the future.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next