Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Lack of institutional control in the athletic department at The Ohio State University
Joe Johnson added to this discussion on October 4, 2011

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"This is what made it a Michigan v. Ohio State debate and I clearly did not start it.

Let's get things correct, boys."

The only thing that we know for sure is that you cannot keep your word.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Lack of institutional control in the athletic department at The Ohio State University
Gary Sommers added to this discussion on October 4, 2011

Quote from Joe Johnson's post:

"The only thing that we know for sure is that you cannot keep your word."

And that Ohio State has repeat offenders.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 4, 2011

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

"I am out.

Guys, keep thinking Smith had nothing to do with this, and I will be back when he is gone."

Did I miss breaking news from Ohio State?"

Did I miss breaking news from Ohio State?

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on October 4, 2011

I don't understand why you won't just acknowledge that you made a bad call when you said you would not post until Gene Smith stepped down? Where does admitting when you're wrong fit into you 1980s sense of virtue?

Before, you tried to rationalize breaking your word by saying you were just responding to others. Now you're starting threads. Just admit you can't live up to your own standards.

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"I don't understand why you won't just acknowledge that you made a bad call when you said you would not post until Gene Smith stepped down? Where does admitting when you're wrong fit into you 1980s sense of virtue?

Before, you tried to rationalize breaking your word by saying you were just responding to others. Now you're starting threads. Just admit you can't live up to your own standards."

Wrong about not posting? Okay.

Wrong that he needs to/will get fired? The reasons just keep mounting.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on October 4, 2011

"Wrong about not posting? Okay."

Just like Fonzie, he has a difficult time saying the "w" word. "I was wrrrr... I was wrrrrooooo..."

C'mon, Gary. Just say it. "I didn't keep my word and I'm sorry for being so critical of others for something I can't do myself."

"Wrong about not posting? Okay.

Wrong that he needs to/will get fired? The reasons just keep mounting."

Okay, seriously? I don't care about Gene Smith or Ohio State. Whether he gets fired or not, you still lied. You came on this site and blasted an entire generation of people for not being like you remember the 1980s. You preached about ethics and morals and most of all about a man’s word. Now, when you have been caught breaking your word, all you say is okay? What you mean to say is, "You know what, I was totally wrong. I don't practice what I preach. I call people out online and act superior when I have the same flaws as everyone else. In fact, I'm even more flawed because I not only pretend not to be, but I accuse others in a condescending and pretentious way. I'm sorry and I won't do it again."

Men from my generation or my father's or his father's know that when you're wrong, you admit it so you can move on and try to do better in the future.

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Okay, seriously? I don't care about Gene Smith or Ohio State. Whether he gets fired or not, you still lied. You came on this site and blasted an entire generation of people for not being like you remember the 1980s. You preached about ethics and morals and most of all about a man’s word. Now, when you have been caught breaking your word, all you say is okay? What you mean to say is, "You know what, I was totally wrong. I don't practice what I preach. I call people out online and act superior when I have the same flaws as everyone else. In fact, I'm even more flawed because I not only pretend not to be, but I accuse others in a condescending and pretentious way. I'm sorry and I won't do it again."

Men from my generation or my father's or his father's know that when you're wrong, you admit it so you can move on and try to do better in the future."

Looks like we are thinking alike. I just have shorter thoughts. :)

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"Looks like we are thinking alike. I just have shorter thoughts. :)"

And more concise. I'm way too wordy.

Now there is a problem with the word "okay"?

Comparing what I do to what Tressel, Smith, Gee, et. al. have done? Funny... now that is funny.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 4, 2011

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

"I am out.

Guys, keep thinking Smith had nothing to do with this, and I will be back when he is gone."

Did I miss breaking news from Ohio State?"

Did I miss breaking news from Ohio State?

"Now there is a problem with the word "okay"?

Comparing what I do to what Tressel, Smith, Gee, et. al. have done? Funny... now that is funny."

No, we're not comparing you to them. We're comparing your current actions to your past words. That you don't get that? Sad... now that is sad.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on October 4, 2011

Gary,

I am personally fine with you raising this topic and posting but please create a new thread when you do. The recruiting thread that you posted on was a great discussion until you brought this up on there. Now I can't even read it with all the posts.

Thank you.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 4, 2011

Schadenfreude - n. - Listen /ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə / (German: [ˈʃaːdənˌfʁɔʏdə]) - Pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on October 4, 2011

I personally agree with many of Gary's moral stances. I am disgusted by the utter hypocrisy.

He has no reason to be on this forum because even those who post differing views hold those views sincerely. Wrestlers and wrestling fans understand the commitment and dedication to the sport.

He does not. He is officially a punk... or worse.

I hope the moderator takes the appropriate steps. It isn't funny. It is sad. It is not just trolling; there is a disconnect with rational thought.

The irony is that Gene Smith has months, if not days, in his job.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next