Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Ohio State 23, Wisconsin 13
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 11, 2007

Quote from Josh Lowe's post:

"J.D. continues his reign of terror up at 285."

That is a classic line. I love it.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on December 11, 2007

The one thing I want to know is what was going on towards the end just before J.D. got the pin. The guy underneath starts waving his arms around and the Wisconsin coaches start going nuts. Was J.D.'s opponent trying to claim injury or choking of some sort?

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 11, 2007

I think they thought he was being choked, but the ref was watching Bergman's arm, so ??? The Wisc. kid was gesturing around his throat area after he got up. Most guys I've ever seen that were being choked didn't have the strength to be jumping around & protesting; they were usually pretty groggy.??? <dry>

Don Bork added to this discussion on December 11, 2007

Massey got up pretty quickly after the pin and was complaining of being choked, but he wasn't coughing or acting like he was in pain or had been deprived of oxygen. I think he started waving his arms right after J.D. had changed his position and the pin was iminent. Great way for the match to end. As for Sponseller, I didn't think he looked smaller than Donar. I think Donar was much more lean. That high crotch was fantastic!! He also answered a couple questions. He appeared to have some good riding skills, but I hope his bottom skills improve significantly or he will have trouble down the road with the elite kids. Humphrey will need to improve his bottom skills as well. He lost his only match in Vegas because he couldn't get out from under. As for Weakley, he is a beast physically, but oh so raw. He'll have a hard time with any technically skilled kids, but his potential down the road is unlimited due to his physicality. I was also happy to see Picazo perform after giving up the first two TD's, though he worried me late in the match as he seemed to get gassed and the defense got a bit sloppy.

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on December 11, 2007

125: Nice! Triggas is doing very well.
133/141: Everyone can have an "off" match, especially against ranked wrestlers. I say "off" because I'm a big J Jaggers fan and I think he'll win it all when it all comes down to it and he's "on" at his best.
149: Victory.
157: Going 1-0 with an NCAA finalist is a very good result for Johnstone.
165: Colt Sponseller is one of my favorite wrestlers to watch because of his never-ending motor. Now that he's wearing scarlet and gray, I couldn't be happier. I just hope college competition doesn't change his style.
174: Victory.
184: Victory.
197: Well, there is a reason why Herbst is ranked #4 in the nation.
285: Awesome!

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on December 11, 2007

My understanding is that Massey and the Wisky coaches were so upset because J.D. lost the arm from the headlock when he changed positions, and pinned using a headlock without an arm. I didn't see the match, but that is what I have read on other sites.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 11, 2007

J.D. is mighty strong. If he was squeezing my head I'd probably start screaming as well. My advice to Massey would be to avoid the head and arm next time.

Aaron LaBatt added to this discussion on December 12, 2007

My thinking is Massey knew he was pinned and hoped by waving his arms the ref would stop the match. Granted he fought for around a minute and didn't get pinned, but he knew he was done for.

Kevin Hoogenboom added to this discussion on December 14, 2007

Masseys arm slipped out and for a few seconds resulting in an illegal headlock.J.D. just had the head but the ref was to busy looking at the flat shoulders on the mat so he missed the call. Its ok, Im sure it would have ended with the smae result. I was not complaining. I also did not think that colt looked undersized. Donar has a tall lean build making him look larger. I thought Colt dominated teh match except for the down position. Looking forward to seeing more Buckeye Wrestling..

<sign_oh> <sign_io>

Jason Franks added to this discussion on December 22, 2007

Colt may look a little undersized but we all know that big muscles doesn't = a W. And just for the record Donar may have ridden him for 2 minutes but I heard through the grapevine the Spoon rode him out for 2 minutes of his own in the 3rd period erasing Donars riding advantage. I also heard that the only point that Donar scored was a gift as Spoon kicked him in the 1st.

Go Spoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <sign_oh>

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 23, 2007

And for crying out loud, it was his first match this season. He didn't have the luxury of having 6 or 7 matches under his belt. Last weekend in Athens he was a buzzsaw!! He'll get even better as the season continues. <thumbsup> <thumbsup> <thumbsup>

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2