Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Ohio U VS KSU 2013
Brian Grimm added to this discussion on January 18, 2013

Kilgore with a TD 32 seconds in. Cuts Wellington who then has a good shot but Kilgore with good D. Another Kilgore TD and he begins to administer pain. 4-1. Wellington has a strong neck... End of 2 with 1:43 of riding time. Kilgore is out and hits the double leg. 7-1. Cuts him. Kilgore TD. Near fall and pin with 18 seconds left. KSU 9 OU 3.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Witt and Johnson with nothing in the 1st. Witt on top to start the 2nd. He is hit with 2 stalls. Second was kinda suspect. Johnson with the escape. 2-0. Witt on bottom to start the 3rd. On his belly. Johnson not doing much. Witt cant get out. Johnson wins 2-0. Zzzzzz.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 18, 2013

I'm paying attention. Keep giving the updates.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on January 18, 2013

Brian - thanks for the commentary my friend.

125. OU with Heminger. 2 TDs by Danny in the 1st along with 2 more with the tilt. 6-1 with 2:21 riding time but Mitcheff allows the escape at the end of the period. 6-2. Another TD and 2 more. 10-2. Another 2 and its 12-2 at the end of 2. 4:03 of riding time. Escape for OU but another TD and 3 backs. 17-3. Don't check my math. This is fast. Another 3. TF with 32 seconds left. 14-6 KSU.

133 Mack up 4-0 with a TD and 2 back. He's riding Munos tough but gets high and cuts him. Munos with the TD and Mack with the quick escape. 5-3 with 1:30 of riding time. Mack down to start the 3rd. Escapes and still has 1:06 of riding time. Munos with the TD and 2 back. 6-6 and riding time under a minute. Oops 7-7. Everyone to the table. Greenlee not happy. Mack just misses the TD as time expires. Mack with the TD in OT. KSU 17-6.

Squire and Kern. Squire is up 4-0. Going for the pin. More backs. Kern is in trouble. 7-0. Kern saved by the bell. Up to start the 2nd. Squire is fun to watch. Another TD for him. 9-0. Rolling him over again. 12-0. His 9-12 record is not indicative of his abilities. Start of the 3rd with 3 plus of RT. TD. 14-0. Working for a cradle. Kern fights it off. :16 left. 15-0 TF. Kern had no answer. 17-11.

Carr and Romanchik at 149. OU with the TD and a quick escape for Carr. Padua pride vs PA. Another TD for Romanchik. And another. 6-2. Advantage is swinging towards OU.... Carr needs to step it up. Gets the escape but is still on the defensive. Carr is fighting. Gets the TD off of a good shot by Romanchik. 6-5 OU. Riding time is not a factor. Carr rides him out. Start of 3, Carr on top and has :30 of RT. Good scramble. 7-5 with the escape. Romanchik shoots immediately. Stalemate. 1:00 left. Another stalemate. Carr with the TD and the crowd comes alive. 1:02 of RT with :05 left. Carr with an awesome come-back!! 20-11.

157 Sasfy with the TD and the first ends at 2-0. Chino on top. Sasfy out right away. Chino with good shots but Sasfy has the tough D. End of 2. Sasfy on top at the start of 3. Reversal for Chino. Escape for Sasfy. 4-2 with less than :30. 5-2 win for Sasfy. Great job! 23-11 KSU.

165 Marsh with the TD but Hightower gets the escape. Lots of action and some funky scrambling. 2-1 at the end of 1. Hightower down after Marsh defers. Marsh working hard for backs, cranking the leg but can't get Hightower over. 2:10 RT. Marsh down to start the 3rd. Working for the reversal but stalemate is called. RT is down to 1:07. No change. Hightower can't do much more than hang on but Marsh seems content to let the clock run. Marsh wins 2-1.

KSU 26 OU 11 final

Brian - thank you.

Quick thoughts from an OU fan.

First off - congrats to KSU.

125 - I think Powell should start. No knock at all on Heminger, but judging their results it seems like Powell is the future.

133 - I think McGuire is very solid, so I was impressed that Munos fought back to tie it after being down 4-0 early. If nothing else - encouraging entry into the line up.

141 - Solid from Squire - as I've said, I like the upside.

149 - Those who care about what I say know that I think very highly of Carr. He beat Romanchik 8-5 early in the year. I was surprised that the score was 6-2. Having not seen the match, it seems Andrew just got safe. Regardless, good win for Carr, and I don't think Romanchik is far off from being good.

157 - I knew Sasfy was a tough match up for Chino. Sasfy is a cagey vet and his defense is excellent. Chino attacks non stop, he will learn how to finish. Congrats to Sasfy - good to see him in the line up.

165 - These two are close, the TD won the match (as we so often see).

174 - Solid win over a very tough Wheeler.

184 - Newburg is excellent.

197 - Wellington having a good season, but Kilgore is a Hodge finalist.

285 - Man, I knew Witt was a tough match up for JJ. I think his kryptonite is athletic heavies who wrestle small.

Sounds like a great crowd and lots of good matches.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2