Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Is Cam Tessari wrestling at the Big Ten Championships?
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 9, 2013

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

" I just hope it's not a "No Cam" permanently... Help us out here Bob, if you know."

Cam was suspended, not kicked off the team-- no indication its more than suspension for a one-time violation of team rules. Ryan has a long list of them, and each kid has to sign that he will abide by them.

i doubt that i could abide, so i'm not passing judgement. Age has taught me that we are all flawed human beings. ...s/BobP"

As always good post bob

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 9, 2013

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Akron's point guard is a drug dealer. Not sure what Cam did but I'm quite confident that this is not the same level of behavior."

Absoluely. Only talking degree, though. Tough time of year not to follow rules, legal or otherwise. Doubt Ryan wanted to do this.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 10, 2013

I'm sure Ryan didn't.

Something else to keep in mind...If you're a starter in any sport and your back-up is also very talented and dedicated, your discretions are less likely to be tolerated.

Not saying that's what happened here.

Just making a general comment.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on March 10, 2013

Tom Ryan is a man of integrity. He cares about Buckeye wrestling, but I think he cares about molding these guys into men of integrity just as much. Although I agree with your sentiment about the highly qualified back-up for many coaches, I think Tom would have drawn the line on any of the guys in the starting line-up. It's a message that the young people of this nation need so badly and as much as I like Cam, I applaud him for making the tough decision, because it was the right decision. It sets an important tone for incoming recruits as well.

PC: Is it true that the Bucks will be picking an On Line Fan of the Year and that Tom Ryan is in charge of the selection?

Ha ha... I have no idea. And anyway, there are bigger honks out there than me. It could be you just don't know who I know ;-)

Agreed.

Is today a fly fishing day?

It would be a great day to get out.... The warm temps have the flows on the creeks and rivers up due to snow melt. Flow and stain always make for great fly fishing!

No day in which the B1G wrestling finals take place is deemed a good fly fishing day for me ;-) I would probably get out if not for that. I'll be glued to internet video feeds from 12:30 on. I don't love all of our modern inventions, but being able to see live college wrestling when I can't be at the venue is AWESOME!

Erik Nell added to this discussion on March 10, 2013

Since we use our real names here, I can not say what a OSU insider told me, but to paraphrase Cam may have been a knuckle head one night and it cost him. Hopefuly he will learn from this and be a better person from it. Young men need coaches like tOsu coaching staff to help mold them. Ian is a good man and god rewarded him for his actions on the mat and off.

Doug Brandt added to this discussion on March 10, 2013

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"It would be a great day to get out.... The warm temps have the flows on the creeks and rivers up due to snow melt. Flow and stain always make for great fly fishing!

No day in which the B1G wrestling finals take place is deemed a good fly fishing day for me ;-) I would probably get out if not for that. I'll be glued to internet video feeds from 12:30 on. I don't love all of our modern inventions, but being able to see live college wrestling when I can't be at the venue is AWESOME!"

It's a good day for me to get out, too, given that I'm in Longboat Key, Florida until the 21st.

That being said, I'm going to be looking at my computer at 2:30p.

It's a great life's lesson for Cam. Hopefully he rebounds appropriately and sees the big picture. I'm sure he will.

Quote from Doug Brandt's post:

"
It's a good day for me to get out, too, given that I'm in Longboat Key, Florida until the 21st. "

Now you're just being cruel ;-) Chase some tarpon tomorrow!

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2