Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Bo Jordan
Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 8, 2013

Marlo Stanfield is a drug lord. Very bad man. One time, a guy named Lex killed one of his minions, so he told his street muscle to kill Lex. And that's what he said--"He come up against one us so he got to fall."

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 8, 2013

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"I always thought Costanza was with a "C"?"

You're right. I'm an idiot.

Ovalteen? Why don't they call it Round-tean!?!? Gold, Jerry!

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 8, 2013

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"I've watched his state matches on video and am blown away. Two Questions:

--Could he be the best wrestler in Ohio high school history?

If you think I'm out of my mind, just say so. "

yes u r out of your mind with this, Hank- very savvy observer though u normally are. Sure u may be right, but it is far from proven.

i too am a huge fan of his talent however u know as i do, at every level u r judged by who you've beaten-- and lost to-- by your level of comp. We cant assume Bo would have won Fargo or FILA Juniors or whatever.

in fact, if both at same wt, would Bo today beat a sophomore Chris Phillips, who was a small 171? think back now. ..s/BobP

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 8, 2013

D.T. was back in the Graham room, I believe over the Christmas break. From an eye witness, things didn't go so well for Bo. Than again, things wouldn't go so well for all 157's in the nation either.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 8, 2013

and upon further reflection, age counts imo -- --

at least 3 of ohio's GREATEST ever won as 17 year old seniors, i know Tommy Rowlands and Harry Lester were only 17 year old seniors. And since Pat Milkovich was barely 18 when he won NCAAs his freshman year, thats a 3rd great 17 year old ohio senior champ. ...s/BobP

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on March 8, 2013

You are, in fact, out of your mind thinking he could win an NCAA title in a couple of weeks. 54 weeks from now might be a different story, but there is much training and experience for him to gain between now and then. It will be fun to see him progress next year.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 8, 2013

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"You are, in fact, out of your mind thinking he could win an NCAA title in a couple of weeks. 54 weeks from now might be a different story, but there is much training and experience for him to gain between now and then. It will be fun to see him progress next year."

Fair enough. But I think his skill set is phenomenal and that if he faced much better comp, he'd quickly adjust.

As for D.T. beating him up, D.T. got hammered as a true frosh by Cyler Sanderson--a fine college wrestler but not a star.

Hey, I'm likely wrong. I concede the validity of all points of view.

But, I think BoJo is a very special talent. He wastes no energy. He wrestles with precision and an economy of motion. I'm excited to see him at tOSU.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 8, 2013

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"D.T. was back in the Graham room, I believe over the Christmas break. From an eye witness, things didn't go so well for Bo. Than again, things wouldn't go so well for all 157's in the nation either."

Hey, if he could keep it to a tech fall, he'd be doing as well as last year's NCAA runner-up.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on March 8, 2013

He is phenomenal and I would be shocked if he were not a national champ in his collegiate career.

When I was wrestling in college, I remember Clint Musser wrestling (as a HS wrestler) in collegiate open tournaments and beating the crap out of college guys (thank God he was heavier than me). Seems like I recall a similar situation with Cary Kolat as a HS wrestler.

So, your thought that he would beat collegiate wrestlers right now is not far fetched (and highly likely), but for him to win the D1 national title right now is a bit much. We have a few fantastic guys at 157 right now. For Bo to compete well against one of them on any given day right now is not crazy, but to think he could be entered in the NCAA tournament and run the gauntlet of the quarters through the finals as a HS senior and win is not likely.

If you consider the top D1 collegiate wrestlers right now, are you willing to bet your house on Logan, Oliver, Dake, Ruth, or Kilgore winning their respective classes right now? I mean yea, the odds are in their favor, but the reality is, anyone of those awesome prior D1 CHAMPS could loose in the semis this year. As much as I like Bo, he is not yet in their class. But, as I said previously, 54 weeks from now it is not at all out of the question he could be there.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on March 8, 2013

The gap between high school senior and college narrows all the time in my opinion. Many top level HS kids wrestle all year and travel the country (even the world in some cases) to train and compete.

I am confident he would compete for AA status this year if not a title.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 9, 2013

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"The gap between high school senior and college narrows all the time in my opinion. Many top level HS kids wrestle all year and travel the country (even the world in some cases) to train and compete.

I am confident he would compete for AA status this year if not a title."

I'm with you and Hank. Not only is he excellent technically and gifted athletically, I don't think 157 is one of the better weight classes this particular year as it often is.

My personal opinion is not the best ever, however, in Ohio H.S. history. Certainly one of the best.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2