Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Potential B10 Seeds
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 28, 2022

Pre-seeds came out today

125 Malik #4 Reno 1st then Schroeder in 1/4
133 Koontz #14 Byrd round 1
141 D’Emillo #7 Shahar round 1 Eierman 1/4
149 Sasso #1 kanzler/Rooks winner 1/4
157 Hepner #9 Kanniard round 1 Deakin 1/4
165 Carson #1 bye Wilson/Carlson 1/4
174 Smith #5 South round 1 Kemmerer 1/4
184 Romero #3 Jensen round 1 MSU kid 1/4
197 Hoffman #9 Amos round 1
285. Tate #7 Luffman round 1 Stevenson 1/4

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Potential B10 Seeds
Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on March 1, 2022

Thoughts:
125 – Ugh, I didn’t want Malik to see Shroder in the quarters. That guy is Malik’s kryptonite. Malik beats Reno, loses to Shroder, beats Lujan, Shawver/McKee and Barnett, only to lose to Shroder again for 4th.

133 – 2 and BBQ baby! I guess Koontz has a shot at beating Burwick in the consis, but that’s about it.

141 – D’Emilio should get past Tel Shahar, and then lose to Eierman. I think he’ll have Zargo (who will lose to Duncan in the first round), and win that one. Then he’ll likely have Micic. I could see Dylan winning that match, especially with Micic having to make weight for a second time. If he loses, I think he takes 7th. If he wins, I think he takes 5th, over Bergeland.

149 – Sammy clears Kanzler/Rooks easily, but has a tough semi with Thomas (who beats Murin). I think Sammy wins by 1 point, and then again by 1 over Lovett in the finals.

157 – I think Hepner can beat Kainnard, but he’s going to see Berge/Model/Young in the consis either way, and I don’t think he makes it past any of them.

165 – The top 3 are beasts here, but no one else is on that level. Luckily for Carson, he gets a much easier path to the finals. I think he takes out the 8/9 winner with bonus, and then beats Amine by 4-5 and beats Hamiti in the finals by 3 on a late TD to ice the match.

174 – MAN, what a top 5 here. All have a really good shot at being AAs this year. I would rather have seen Kemmerer get the 3 and Labs the 4. I think Smith beats South, loses to Kemmerer, beats McNally, loses to Massa (who loses to Labs in the semis) and takes 5th.

184 – Romero should beat Jessen, but he’s no slouch at the 14 seed. Then a dangerous Malczewski awaits, but Kaleb it too sound to give up a big move and gets a 5-3 win. In the semis, I hate to say it, but Amine is just a little better and wins 3-2. Kaleb beats Assad in the consi semis and then Venz for 3rd.

197 – Brutal draw for Hoffman. I know Amos has struggled this year, but I think he has just enough to beat Gavin. Hoffman then likely has Bulsak. Hopefully he can pull off another upset and clinch a spot, but I’m not counting on it. In the extra bracket, Hoffman easily qualifies.

285 – I think Tate beats Luffman and then loses to Gable (obviously). He then loses to Hillger. I think Tate can win the extra bracket to earn that 9th auto spot, but should be a wild card if not.

Overall, I see the Bucks sending 8, and I don’t see any way they get less than that. I can’t see 133 stealing a bid, and if 157 had 8 or 9 qualifiers, I would say that Hepner could steal a spot, but I just don’t see it with only 7. I hope I’m wrong on that one. As a team, I think the Bucks take 5th behind PSU, tsun, Iowa and Nebraska.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2