Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Dan was right...
Fred Feeney added to this discussion on April 14, 2008

It is the only forum that I feel I can come on, talk open and honestly about this call or that call and not get abused! lol

Great site :)

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Adelman added to this discussion on April 15, 2008

I really like this forum. I post on the Ohio Wrestling site and JJ Huddle under nicknames (firestonefan and Vinman, respectively) and this forum is a breath of fresh air because of the minimal trash talking and great feedback. Thanks to all responsible!!

Scott Shaw added to this discussion on April 15, 2008

Accountability = Responsibility (at least for the most part.) I quit posting on JJHuddle nearly 6 or 7 years ago due to the nonsense that people feel the need to say on that site. I appreciate the feeling of comradery that exists on Ohiowrestling.net

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on April 15, 2008

The idea was one where we would eliminate all the trash talk, all the name calling from behind a handle and be able to talk wrestling as real people.

Accountability is correct here. You are accountable just like you would be in the real world to behave and act in a manner that is civil towards everyone thus building a since of community here on the forum.

While the idea was Dan's without the support and backing of our posters and fans this idea wouldn't of taken off like it has.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 15, 2008

I always knew the concept was a winner, but would take some time to grow -- once going this route however no way would most posters on here go back to the "bad old days" of anonymous slander, insults and harrassment that allowing aliases encourages.

If you look at TheMat.com high school forum, for example, you have one guy posting BS under several usernames/aliases -- and there are a handful of guys who do this on there, too. It's a pathetic, juvenile game they play. Hats off to Dan Cosimi for making the effort and taking the risk.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 19, 2008

Fred,
Until you and all the rest of the officials get Lasik eye correction surgery, you guys deserve the abuse. <smile> <smile>

Fred Feeney added to this discussion on April 20, 2008

You have seen my avatar haven't you?

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 20, 2008

Yes. It is hands down the best non-"M" Avatar there is. Everybody else can debate on it's accuracy. <laughing>

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2