Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Discussion Topic: OSU v. Purdue tonight 7:00 live on BTN
Alex Creech added to this discussion on February 3, 2014

Quote from Brad Proudfoot's post:

"We have to remember that tOSU is a perennial top ten team during Ryan's tenure.

10th - 2007
2nd - 2008
2nd - 2009
8th - 2010
5th - 2012
6th - 2013

That is a strong enough track record at tOSU to not jump the gun when it comes to Coach Ryan."

I'm a huge Tom Ryan fan, and the results at nationals shows he's doing something right. They have been a much better tourney team than dual team under Ryan. It can be frustrating as heck for a fan, because they have laid some real stinkers in the past. Ryan wants to break attendance records, but quite frankly, I don't see that ever happening until they perform more consistent in duals.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brad Proudfoot added to this discussion on February 3, 2014

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"

Quote from Brad Proudfoot's post:

"We have to remember that tOSU is a perennial top ten team during Ryan's tenure.

10th - 2007
2nd - 2008
2nd - 2009
8th - 2010
5th - 2012
6th - 2013

That is a strong enough track record at tOSU to not jump the gun when it comes to Coach Ryan."

I'm a huge Tom Ryan fan, and the results at nationals shows he's doing something right. They have been a much better tourney team than dual team under Ryan. It can be frustrating as heck for a fan, because they have laid some real stinkers in the past. Ryan wants to break attendance records, but quite frankly, I don't see that ever happening until they perform more consistent in duals."

Alex, I agree with everything that you just typed.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 3, 2014

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"Tom Ryan said that the performance is not indicative of how these guys train. If that's the case then it falls on the coaching. I'm starting to question whether Tom Ryan should be back next year."

JLJ: Easy. I have a lot of love for you and your thoughts on our sport. But this is a slump. Tom Ryan's good works far outweigh issues we've discussed.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 3, 2014

I just typed this text message to a buddy of mine: "Wrestled the same way against U of M. The difference??? Tonight, they won."

How far off am I???

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 3, 2014

I simply don't understand.

We knew that this was going to be a down year talent wise...but there is no excuse for anything less than wholehearted effort; you can choose to do that.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 3, 2014

Quote from Tommy Ellis's post:

"Logan didn't looked gassed to me but wasn't looking to hard to score at the end of the match.."

I noticed he was putting ice on his knee after the match in the back ground. If he chose not to struggle to get out the last 40 seconds, no big deal. What did he have to gain with the escape, he had tons of RT already, and a big lead. I also thought that kid was pinned with the cradle, after he settled in and scissored the body.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on February 3, 2014

They skipped over Grajales/AAlton on the UM-PSU replay. Now I'm rattled.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 3, 2014

Quote from Pat Costilow's post:

"They skipped over Grajales/AAlton on the UM-PSU replay. Now I'm rattled."

That was the best match of the night.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on February 3, 2014

This Murphy-Dylan Alton match is pretty sick too, though. Murphy is fantastic on the mat. So many awesome freshmen this year, I can't handle it.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 4, 2014

A bit off-topic here, but it was awesome seeing Ohio State wrestling on TV. I'm glad tBTN exists, if for nothing more than events like last night.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 4, 2014

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"A bit off-topic here, but it was awesome seeing Ohio State wrestling on TV. I'm glad tBTN exists, if for nothing more than events like last night."

I was about to help my son study for a test when I saw the post on this forum about the match being on. I had totally forgotten and missed the first two matches.

I would watch a match and pause then help him study.

I'd forgotten that I was viewing everything on delay. After Heflin won, I went to OW.net to see what people were saying and read that the Bucks had eked out the dual. For a second, I wondered how you guys knew.

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on February 4, 2014

I was looking back at the Cliff Keen results. Roberts defeated Eppert 4-1 and Paddock defeated Nelson 13-8.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 4, 2014

Quote from Bruce Andrews's post:

"I was looking back at the Cliff Keen results. Roberts defeated Eppert 4-1 and Paddock defeated Nelson 13-8."

Stuff like that leaves me scratching my head. ???

Erik Nell added to this discussion on February 4, 2014

I come to this site often but rarely comment, so if I may I would like to post a couple thoughts after last night’s dual. I used to go to every dual when I lived in Clintonville, but moving to another county and having a five year old makes it hard to catch a match. It was nice to see the Buckeyes on the boob tube.
Heflin showed some horsepower. Rex talks about position and pace which I agree with, but I also think if you want to kick someone’s ass and believe you can do it, can go a long way to winning a wrestling match.
DiJulius looked pretty good to me, I would like to point out it was senior night and the Purdue wrestlers were fired up. In my opinion while watching Dijulius at the end of the match he was looking to get leverage on the outside triceps to get a barrel roll, unfortunately that is hard to do when you’re on your knees against a guy who is looking for that go to move.
Paddock with all due respect to him took a sloppy shot in OT. It looked like he conceded the match.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 5, 2014

Jack: I agree. It is a bit of a head scratcher. But I'll say this... If the team is going to ebb and flow, let's ebb now and flow in March.

Erik! Keep posting! Always nice to read other contributors.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4