Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Discussion Topic: Bucks 2022-2023
Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 4, 2022

Kaleb wrestled 170 as a Sr. in HS. Played football around 190.

Wrestled at 174 as a RS.

Everybody can see how big he gets in the summer.

165 was a big cut -- but he agreed to it and didn't perform to his or the staff's standards. He feels MUCH better at 184.

I was hoping he'd be at this weight as a RS Fr. just because I think his athletic ability is more of an advantage the higher in weigh the goes.

I honestly talk to him VERY little about wrestling. He has plenty of people for that. We discuss other things -- like how bad I beat him on the golf course. :)

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on April 6, 2022

It makes sense for the buckeyes to redshirt Malik heinselman. Look at the 125 weight classes next year. All seniors mostly. Let them all graduate and give him a real shot at an AA and help the team when they have a chance in two years. Literally I think 12 out of top 15 kids are seniors next year. Hope they consider this

Sean Koran added to this discussion on April 6, 2022

If he wants to stay in school another year that is certainly a thought. He can then spend the next year doing nothing but eating Kalteen Bars.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on April 6, 2022

Quote from Nick Lecklider's post:

"It makes sense for the buckeyes to redshirt Malik heinselman. Look at the 125 weight classes next year. All seniors mostly. Let them all graduate and give him a real shot at an AA and help the team when they have a chance in two years. Literally I think 12 out of top 15 kids are seniors next year. Hope they consider this"

I have considered and agree with this possibly. Malik graduates and Kilkeary steps right in. It really would come down to Malik's aspirations and if he wants to stick around 2 more years. For the team it'd be great, but as a personal choice I think he'd rather finish out his campaign next season and try to AA one last time.

Heinselman has zero percent to win a national title next year and mayve 10-15 percent to all American. The top ten guys are about all seniors. He has studs coming up like Richie figs next year but if he wants to AA and compete for a national title he needs to redshirt. His chances to Aa in two years increases to maybe over 50 percent. Makes no sense at all to wrestle him. The team will make a run in two years. Feldman will be top 3-4 his first year and that may be low balling him. Feldman is snyderesque. Better top wrestler though from what I’ve seen Mendes and bouzakis will be strong after redshirts. Kharchla will be seasoned. Sasso won’t have Yianni. I really thing geog is gonna be very good in college. Paddy should be a AA threat by then Also. I see three finalist type guys in sasso Feldman and Kharchla that year and three to 4 others who could place extremely high. Try to get Gonzales to make 125 one year…

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 6, 2022

"Heinselman has zero percent to win a national title next year and mayve 10-15 percent to all American. The top ten guys are about all seniors. He has studs coming up like Richie figs next year but if he wants to AA and compete for a national title he needs to redshirt. His chances to Aa in two years increases to maybe over 50 percent. Makes no sense at all to wrestle him. The team will make a run in two years. Feldman will be top 3-4 his first year and that may be low balling him. Feldman is snyderesque. Better top wrestler though from what I’ve seen Mendes and bouzakis will be strong after redshirts. Kharchla will be seasoned. Sasso won’t have Yianni. I really thing geog is gonna be very good in college. Paddy should be a AA threat by then Also. I see three finalist type guys in sasso Feldman and Kharchla that year and three to 4 others who could place extremely high. Try to get Gonzales to make 125 one year…"

Good idea. maybe Decatur can suck down to 125? (kidding)

Alex Creech added to this discussion on April 6, 2022

"Makes no sense at all to wrestle him. "

This is up to Malik.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on April 6, 2022

We as fans put too much emphasis on All-America finishes, which, except for the highest places, don't earn a lot of points at nationals.

Heinselman goes next year. I want the best lineup for Friday nights against Penn State, Michigan and Iowa.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 6, 2022

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"We as fans put too much emphasis on All-American…"

For those guys, being in the podium is HUGE.

I mean if I was ever good enough to Aa I wouldn’t want to live my life with regretting if I could have. I would have stayed in school one more year so I didn’t have to relive these sceneries. I mean let 12 top guys graduate with one on the goat Spencer lee and then make a run.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on April 7, 2022

"I mean if I was ever good enough to Aa I wouldn’t want to live my life with regretting if I could have. I would have stayed in school one more year so I didn’t have to relive these sceneries. I mean let 12 top guys graduate with one on the goat Spencer lee and then make a run."

Well, you're telling him to stay 2 more years.

Why not stay in college until you're 32 then?

What you're saying is, since I'm not good enough to beat my peers, I'll wait around long enough until there's a year where there aren't a bunch of good wrestlers.

He wrestled his 4 years and it didn't happen, I wouldn't have any regrets.

But, if that's what he wants to do, go for it. But you said they shouldn't let him wrestle next year. This should be Malik's decision, not the coaches.

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on April 7, 2022

"I mean if I was ever good enough to Aa I wouldn’t want to live my life with regretting if I could have. I would have stayed in school one more year so I didn’t have to relive these sceneries. I mean let 12 top guys graduate with one on the goat Spencer lee and then make a run."

If they weren't quite good enough to AA in 4 or 5 years already, what makes you think that they would be good enough given another year? New talent comes in all the time.
On top of that, even if they were "close" this year, there are NO assurances that it would happen the following year. Life is like that.
Not that anyone cares but I think the NCAA really dropped the ball on this.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on April 7, 2022

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"

This is up to Malik."

Is it? The coaching staff has ultimate say on lineup decisions.

Mike Stann added to this discussion on April 7, 2022

"

"

This is up to Malik."

Is it? The coaching staff has ultimate say on lineup decisions."

but I doubt they can make a kid stay an extra year if he's not so inclined.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on April 7, 2022

Quote from Mike Stann's post:

"

"

"

This is up to Malik."

Is it? The coaching staff has ultimate say on lineup decisions."

but I doubt they can make a kid stay an extra year if he's not so inclined."

yes, that's what i'm saying. of course the coaches decide who is in the lineup. but to tell him the only way you'll see the mat again at tOSU is if you redshirt, well......

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next