Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Bouzakis commits
Rob Wagner added to this discussion on September 29, 2021

I think the Bucks are still very much in play for Mendez. Heard a rumor they (Bouzakis) were a "package deal" which i'm sure isn't 100% the case, but with his commitmentit only has to increase the Bucks chances.

I wonder if any school has landed 3 of the top 5 overall recruits from the same class before? My only guess would be Penn St but i'm not even sure they went 3/5.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on September 29, 2021

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"I think the Bucks are still very much in play for Mendez. Heard a rumor they (Bouzakis) were a "package deal" which i'm sure isn't 100% the case, but with his commitmentit only has to increase the Bucks chances.

I wonder if any school has landed 3 of the top 5 overall recruits from the same class before? My only guess would be Penn St but i'm not even sure they went 3/5."

I don't follow the ins and outs of who is graduating, but there must be some serious scholly $$$ coming available for next year with the class Ryan has committed?

Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on September 29, 2021

tOSU seems to be a growing hotbed for Greco wrestlers. Shirl, the Koontz brothers, and now Bouzakis! I don't care for Greco-Roman wrestling one bit, but I'm glad it's attracting top talent.

Ever since Rosseli left the Bucks needed something to bring guys to Columbus, and this could be their hook.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 29, 2021

Quote from Christopher Henderson's post:

"tOSU seems to be a growing hotbed for Greco wrestlers. Shirl, the Koontz brothers, and now Bouzakis! I don't care for Greco-Roman wrestling one bit, but I'm glad it's attracting top talent.

Ever since Rosseli left the Bucks needed something to bring guys to Columbus, and this could be their hook."

285 Nick Boykin is also a solid Greco athlete.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on September 30, 2021

Just thinking out loud here: I wonder if with the new NIL rules if some of these athletes are making enough money to help pay their way through school, or if part of their deal exclusively includes free tuition. Who knows, there could be a case where say Sasso is getting some nice coin from CLiff Keen and he tells Ryan to use his scholly $$$ for another blue chip recruit for the good of the team.

Just a possbility!

Quote from J.P. Barner's post:

"

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"I think the Bucks are still very much in play for Mendez. Heard a rumor they (Bouzakis) were a "package deal" which i'm sure isn't 100% the case, but with his commitmentit only has to increase the Bucks chances.

I wonder if any school has landed 3 of the top 5 overall recruits from the same class before? My only guess would be Penn St but i'm not even sure they went 3/5."

I don't follow the ins and outs of who is graduating, but there must be some serious scholly $$$ coming available for next year with the class Ryan has committed?"

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on September 30, 2021

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

Quote from Christopher Henderson's post:

"tOSU seems to be a growing hotbed for Greco wrestlers. Shirl, the Koontz brothers, and now Bouzakis! I don't care for Greco-Roman wrestling one bit, but I'm glad it's attracting top talent.

Ever since Rosseli left the Bucks needed something to bring guys to Columbus, and this could be their hook."

285 Nick Boykin is also a solid Greco athlete."

And Orndorff too. He was a U23 World Team Member in Greco. Doesn't hurt that he's related to Rulon Gardner (I think he's a cousin).

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on October 4, 2021

Bucks got commitments from 2 PA kids Kamdyn Williams and his brother Kaedyn both are top 100's on Willies Sophomore Big Board

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on October 4, 2021

Looks like one of them was the 106 champ last year. I didn't see the other one in the brackets anywhere.

Don Bork added to this discussion on October 4, 2021

Kamdyn didn’t make weight for States.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 5, 2021

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"Looks like one of them was the 106 champ last year. I didn't see the other one in the brackets anywhere."

Bucks are forever searching for 125 prospects.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2