Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Buckeyes land another top 20 recruit!
Drew Taylor added to this discussion on November 9, 2021

St. Ed's senior Luke Geog announced his commitment to OSU in a tweet. State runner-up as a junior followed by third place finish in FS at Fargo, both at 170 pounds.

Nice pickup to round out a remarkable class with three of Ohio's top prospects (Shumate, Brown, Geog) complementing the top three prospects in the country (Feldman, Mendez, Bouzakis).

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on November 9, 2021

Quote from Sean Koran's post:

"

Quote from Jim Kessen's post:

"Willie just tweeted bucks are signing another recruit today. My guess is it’s Barr from MI and is #2 160."

Think it’s Geog."

Good call

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on November 9, 2021

Another great get by the Buckeye staff. I think Geog has a ton of more potential and his best days are ahead of him.

It's really tough for me to find any "holes" within this teams lineup for the next few years. Only question mark I would have as of now if I had to really get down to brass tax is 149. Will the combo of Decatur/Ech/D'Emilio be able to solidify this spot the next 2-3 seasons or does Ryan & co have their eyes on someone else for c/o '23?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 9, 2021

Great string of posts and insights on this thread.

Someone asked what changed. I think Tom Ryan was pissed off about not remaining in title contention and did something about it. Bob mentioned hanging out at Young Guns. That seems like a pretty smart move. Tom Ryan understands that to win titles you need elite recruits. You can't have one at every weight but you can build around them. Bucks brought in Nato, Snyder, Bojo, Micah and Myles within a few years of each other. They added Moore and Pletcher. The worst wrestlers on that list were 3x AA's and finalists. That's how you win.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2