Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: IRONMAN hosted by Walsh Jesuit HS
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on December 11, 2021

I some what see your point about Shumate but don’t forgot he isn’t just losing to some local HS kid. He just lost to #4 kid in country at 195 3-1. Shumate is ranked #3.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 11, 2021

Quote from Nick Lecklider's post:

"Feldman is impressive. Reminds we of a young Kyle Snyder. Expect huge things from him. He may be as good as ordnoff this year. Four time aa Expectations. Shumate seems to have sizzled out and regressed the last couple years. Not sure if burnt out, injuries,or what but not expecting a lineup guy at Ohio state imo. Hopefully I’m wrong but really wish we landed fishback"

Nick, I thought the exact same thing about Feldman, he is the second coming of Kyle Snyder, he even has the signature low single! AND he can ride & tilt which Kyle never was known for. The one thing that bothered me about Shumate was his lack of defense later in the match, especially his legs. He'll get sloppy at times, and in the college ranks he will get burned unless the coaches can correct some of that. BTW I saw Gallagher was beat at CSU by an unranked kis from Buffalo today, so RS him looks like the best move now.

Doug Gainous added to this discussion on December 11, 2021

How many St Ed's kids have done well at Ohio State? Palmer is the only one I can think of.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on December 11, 2021

TR needs to offer Beric Jordan right now!!!

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on December 11, 2021

Add Marcus Blaze to that list!

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"TR needs to offer Beric Jordan right now!!!"

Jared Ball added to this discussion on December 11, 2021

Quote from Doug Gainous's post:

"How many St Ed's kids have done well at Ohio State? Palmer is the only one I can think of."

There was a long time during the Helickson era that no Ed’s kid would go near OSU. Palmer was the first major recruit to make the trip down 71. Mark Martin had a good but not great career. Some of the Others did not pan out, but I think that can be attributed to a variety of reasons. I mean, you don’t go 35 straight years with an AA without some growth in ability once you hit college. Dean Heil, the heavy at Virginia Tech, are just some of the recents to perform else where. Couldn’t you say that about all the major programs? Take the Jordans and D.T. away from Graham what do you have? Marinelli hasn’t exactly lived up to post season billing. Being good at wrestling is very hard. Ed’s has an impressive list of dudes that ball out in college. I’m supremely confident that Paddy will be added to that list.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on December 11, 2021

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"TR needs to offer Beric Jordan right now!!!"

Not sure beric is an elite college prospect. Got beat a couple times at least at super 32 In not close matches and dnp. Got majored twice. Kilkeary is much better and already commited. Anthony Knox and Bo basset are way better prospects at 106. He may be a decent college prospect but not all American top tier in my eyes at least.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2