Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Which Buckeye Has The Best Chance To Win A Title?
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 21, 2022

Lovett and Gomez are both excellent. The way I see 149--Yianni is kryptonite for Sasso. Sasso is kryptonite for everyone else. Not saying Sam is unbeatable outside of Yianni. But he's incredibly difficult to defeat.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Which Buckeye Has The Best Chance To Win A Title?
Brian Mathews added to this discussion on February 23, 2022

Quote from Jared Ball's post:

"Kaleb is a hair behind both Brooks and Amine. I think he’s definitely in that tier, probably on par with the guys just in front of him. Hilday has not looked as solid this year. The Northern Iowa kid is a little more dangerous. Kaleb is going to have to be healthy, and get super tough takedowns in OT type matches. He can certainly do it, but as was previously mentioned, he doesn’t own that kind of win in his career yet."

I think you might have your Hidlay's mixed up? 184 Hidlay is undefeated and has cruised past everyone, with the exception of one close match with Bolen (who he's wrestled about 15 times by now, and is damn tough in his own right). IMO he's a bad matchup for Romero. Be better off avoiding him in the bracket.

Best case scenario for Kaleb is Truax in the quarters and Amine in the semis, IMO.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2