Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Sonny Sasso
Bill Splete added to this discussion on June 28, 2022

I am no Dano, but I think Sonny is headed west to be a cowboy

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 28, 2022

Quote from Bill Splete's post:

"I am no Dano, but I think Sonny is headed west to be a cowboy"

Dammit Bill. I hope you're wrong. I think this young man has the tools to be spectacular.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on June 29, 2022

Bill what makes you believe that? Sasso may have Ferrari there for four more years. Not sure that move makes much sense. Three years and a Olympic redshirt.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on June 29, 2022

Don't think it would be a huge loss if we missed out on Sasso with the depth we have at 184-285. I'm currently more focused on landing Chittum and/or M.A. McGowan.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 29, 2022

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"Don't think it would be a huge loss if we missed out on Sasso with the depth we have at 184-285. I'm currently more focused on landing Chittum and/or M.A. McGowan."

any loss of a great PA wrestler, esp the brother of one we already have, that loss hurts. ...after covering HS wrestling for AWN for 27 years i am a believer.

The last NCAA tourn PA 17 homegrown AAs, next state with 6, its ridiculous. This was bigger margin than usual ... but leaves no doubt. Brands knows it. Ryan too has set up a tent at Young Guns and Lehigh Valley..

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 29, 2022

Not to mention that Ohio, once the clear runnerup to PA, has waned in recent years.

Rob Wagner--you don't want to miss on Sonny Sasso. He is such an obvious talent and the upside is enormous.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on June 29, 2022

Especially with Sammy being here and being the face of OSU wrestling. You have to get Sonny!!

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on June 30, 2022

Where is Bill getting this info?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 30, 2022

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"Where is Bill getting this info?"

Not sure but Bill is a well liked and respected member of the Ohio wrestling community. He is not at all the type to just throw something out there.

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on June 30, 2022

Are we talking Wyoming Cowboys?

Would hate to not have him in Columbus, but to be honest that could be a great fit.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on June 30, 2022

I would love to have Sasso on this team. But with the Bucks needs moving forward, I think landing Chittum or an elite level lightweight is more pivotal for the team overall. Of course I would like to hit on all 3 here but my priority right now would be:

1) McGowan
2) Chittum
3) S. Sasso

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Not to mention that Ohio, once the clear runnerup to PA, has waned in recent years.

Rob Wagner--you don't want to miss on Sonny Sasso. He is such an obvious talent and the upside is enormous."

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on June 30, 2022

We definitely need a 125 pounder asap. That is the priority. Kilkeary is way over rated. He lost to captella who got 5th in division 3 this year. He takes too many bad losses. If we miss out on MAM then we are in trouble after heinselman leaves. Sasso I’m not buying is a huge miss. Love to have him but not a need. After state sasso results were not that great and his ranking tumbled quite a bit. The kid that beat Shumate, McDanel is higher rated and in state. Seems to be rising up and could see him as a better prospect than Shumate. But as for needs where to spend money I agree. It goes 1) 125 2)149 and 3)197. 125 is the obvious huge hole if Ohio state doesn’t land an elite going to need to use the portal.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on June 30, 2022

Maybe Andres Gonzales will turn out to be a solid 125 for OSU? I've never seen him wrestle but it looks like he had a very solid RS year. Albeit not the strongest competition, but something to definitely build on.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 30, 2022

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"Maybe Andres Gonzales will turn out to be a solid 125 for OSU? I've never seen him wrestle but it looks like he had a very solid RS year. Albeit not the strongest competition, but something to definitely build on."

I thought he looked small at 133. If he can make it, let's find out what he can do.

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on July 1, 2022

I like Gonzales. Definitely not writing him off as the future 125. Probably a fringe NCAA qualifier type right now, but I think he’s on a nice trajectory.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he took a leap this year, particularly with so much lightweight talent coming into the room.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next