Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Sam Sasso Question
Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on August 12, 2022

O Connor was injured last year , he would be considered the favorite if he is healthy this year imo. The question is how good is paddy Gallagher?He was also injured as Tom Ryan said. Sasso would absolutely I believe be better at 157 then he is at 149. It’s a tough weight cut and a tougher weight class at 149 . Paddy Gallagher is a former number one p4p recruit. Theses kind of kids do not sit the bench. Bumping sasso up could cause friction with the Gallagher camp. It is hard to say what to do. Do you risk losing a high profile recruit? The version of paddy was not that impressive last year. In high school he was beating facundo( who penn staters are very high on)and majoring manguia and fields who were nationally ranked. Last year he barely beat fields and lost to a high schooler. It was very clear that paddy was not the same paddy than he was the year before. If paddy is 100 percent and is a real AA threat sasso stays down. Once smith and Romero graduate I see everyone moving up for the next season. So hopefully this year 149 sasso and 157 paddy then the following year 133 bouzakis 141 Mendes 149 demilio 157 sasso 165 paddy 174 kharchla 184 welsh 197 Geog 285 Feldman.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on August 13, 2022

I guess I don’t see the need to compromise.

If Sasso wins a title at 157, I’m almost certain the Bucks will have scored more points at the NCAA tournament than if he wrestled 149 and did not win.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on August 13, 2022

Sasso best finish at 149 is 2nd
Sasso best finish at 157 is 1st.
Decatur who would probably be the best default at 149 is dnp
Gallagher best finish at 157 I feel is way more than decatur at 149. He could be top 5 if he’s the high school guy everyone thought he would be.

I will gaurentee a sasso/ Gallagher scores more than a Decatur/sasso.
It will absolutely be a difference in team points. It will probably be zero points or 1 at 149 if he bumps up. I feel like Gallagher can at least score 6-10 minimum if he’s healthy like Tom Ryan expects.

Ryan says sasso is staying at 149 for the team. Everyone understand the most points at ncaas is with sasso at 149 and he admits sasso is basically sacrificing to make the best possible team. After this year everything opens up.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on August 14, 2022

Nick, if Sasso goes to 157 the void in the lineup is likely at 141 with D’Emilio moving up to 149.

If that happens, my guess is we’ll see Bouzakis or Mendez. Or maybe Decatur.

Regardless, a guaranteed NCAA title is OSU’s best path to a trophy. The big points are scored on Friday night and Saturday night. A low AA finish doesn’t contribute very much.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 14, 2022

this season it will be 141 D'Emilio, then 149 Sasso, 157 Gallagher, 165 Kharchla, .... Decatur competes at 141.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on August 14, 2022

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"this season it will be 141 D'Emilio, then 149 Sasso, 157 Gallagher, 165 Kharchla, .... Decatur competes at 141."

Here’s hoping the cut isn't too much and they can get out on bottom! Har har har!!!

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2