Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Bo bassett
Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on July 17, 2024

My suspicion was correct. Kollin Moore announces his retirement today and will now be a coach for the ortc.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on July 17, 2024

Originally thought Bassett doing this was fun. Starting to think it's goofy.

No shade to the kid, I fully endorse and enjoying the process and monetizing your NIL if possible.

But let's be honest. Like 3 schools have a chance here.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on July 17, 2024

Starting with 80 schools does seem a bit much, the final 10 or 20 would suffice IMO.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on July 18, 2024

I’m going to go on a limb and guess his top 10

1. Penn state
2. Iowa
3. Oklahoma state
4. Ohio state
5. Michigan
6. Iowa state
7. Rutgers just because of Gibson connection
8. Cornell
9. Arizona state
10. Nebraska

No real teams will get eliminated until 20 or so, have four more weeks before relevant teams start to fall off. By that point he will probably take off only a couple a week to stretch it out even more.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on July 18, 2024

Probably 1/week once it gets into the top 10, lol.

Quote from Nick Lecklider's post:

"I’m going to go on a limb and guess his top 10

1. Penn state
2. Iowa
3. Oklahoma state
4. Ohio state
5. Michigan
6. Iowa state
7. Rutgers just because of Gibson connection
8. Cornell
9. Arizona state
10. Nebraska

No real teams will get eliminated until 20 or so, have four more weeks before relevant teams start to fall off. By that point he will probably take off only a couple a week to stretch it out even more."

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on July 24, 2024

Ohio state has officially made the final 38. More than half the teams have now been eliminated.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on July 24, 2024

Buckeyes will host Bassett on a visit in the fall. So will Iowa, Penn State, and maybe Oklahoma State. That’s when the real race begins.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on August 7, 2024

Bo Bassett is down to eliminating 3 teams per week now. Ohio state has made it to the final 32. People may think I’m crazy but I just think Ohio state is a favorite to land him. Unless it comes down to straight NIL no one is in better position than Ohio State with him and I’m trying to be unbiased. People on Flo only consider Ohio State a dark horse but there is just no other program that has put in the work and relationship with him.

Here is what Ohio state has done

1. Ohio state has built a relationship with Bo since 8th grade. He has been coming to the room and went to Buckeye football games that early on. I don’t believe any other program was on him as early.

2. He’s a Rudis endorsed athlete. This is definitely a great benefit to Ohio state

3. Tom Ryan let his high school have a home dual at Covelli. No other high school in Ohio state history has been given that chance.

4. I just watched an interview and when asked how he successfully went from 113 to 145 and still dominated he gave credit to two people. His dad and Dustin Meyer’s. That is Ohio states strength and conditioning coach.

Maybe I’m overly optimistic but I just see him eventually becoming a Buckeye. The more I hear the more I like Ohio states chances.

Blaze said he was going to commit by now and he is being very tight lipped about his recruitment. His decision should be coming anytime now. I would say Penn state or Ohio state with him. Ohio state needs to get one of the two and if I had to pick one it would be Bassett. I just think Bassett will be an absolute bonus point machine at the next level and his weight class will be more of a need for Ohio state.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on August 7, 2024

Bo Bassett is down to eliminating 3 teams per week now. Ohio state has made it to the final 32. People may think I’m crazy but I just think Ohio state is a favorite to land him. Unless it comes down to straight NIL no one is in better position than Ohio State with him and I’m trying to be unbiased. People on Flo only consider Ohio State a dark horse but there is just no other program that has put in the work and relationship with him.

Here is what Ohio state has done

1. Ohio state has built a relationship with Bo since 8th grade. He has been coming to the room and went to Buckeye football games that early on. I don’t believe any other program was on him as early.

2. He’s a Rudis endorsed athlete. This is definitely a great benefit to Ohio state

3. Tom Ryan let his high school have a home dual at Covelli. No other high school in Ohio state history has been given that chance.

4. I just watched an interview and when asked how he successfully went from 113 to 145 and still dominated he gave credit to two people. His dad and Dustin Meyer’s. That is Ohio states strength and conditioning coach.

Maybe I’m overly optimistic but I just see him eventually becoming a Buckeye. The more I hear the more I like Ohio states chances.

Blaze said he was going to commit by now and he is being very tight lipped about his recruitment. His decision should be coming anytime now. I would say Penn state or Ohio state with him. Ohio state needs to get one of the two and if I had to pick one it would be Bassett. I just think Bassett will be an absolute bonus point machine at the next level and his weight class will be more of a need for Ohio state.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on August 11, 2024

Bo posted a picture of him and Coleman Scott on X the other day. Not sure if he was at ORTC training or not.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on August 21, 2024

According to the InterMat forums OSU is eliminated off of Bo Bassett's list..........Oregon State that is. His list is now down to 26 schools.

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on August 22, 2024

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"According to the InterMat forums OSU is eliminated off of Bo Bassett's list..........Oregon State that is. His list is now down to 26 schools."

You're going to give Lecklider a conniption.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on August 22, 2024

This recruiting process is going until spring at minimum which he already explained. No chance Ohio state won’t be top 5. He doesn’t even have time to do his visits all until then. Once it gets to top 10 I’ll start paying attention again. Which may take a long time. I expect one or two teams to be eliminated weekly soon enough.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 22, 2024

Quote from Brian Mathews's post:

"

"According to the InterMat forums OSU is eliminated off of Bo Bassett's list..........Oregon State that is. His list is now down to 26 schools."

You're going to give Lecklider a conniption."

Just pray Kharchla doesn't step into the transfer portal ;)

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on August 23, 2024

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

Quote from Brian Mathews's post:

"

You're going to give Lecklider a conniption."

Just pray Kharchla doesn't step into the transfer portal ;)"

LAUGHING EMOJI X10!!!!!

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next