Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: Jesse Mendez to Ohio State
Don Bork added to this discussion on November 5, 2021

Flo also has a preview of the MSU Open including a list of all registered wrestlers. The list of competitors was not available on track wrestling as of this morning but should be soon I would think. Essentially everyone on the Buckeyes roster is registered other than those expected to participate in the North Carolina duel.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on November 5, 2021

Open Division
141 -D’Emillo and-echemendia
157 Paddy - Freeman - Hepner and Wilcox

Freshman/Sophomore
133 Betancourt and Gonzales

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 5, 2021

Not that it means a lot but the more I see of this recruiting class on film, the more I understand how good these guys are. I can't speak to the Ohio guys as I haven't watched them in a while but Mendez, Bouzakis and Feldman are obvious studs.

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on November 5, 2021

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Not that it means a lot but the more I see of this recruiting class on film, the more I understand how good these guys are. I can't speak to the Ohio guys as I haven't watched them in a while but Mendez, Bouzakis and Feldman are obvious studs."

Mendez in particular has all the tools to become a bonus point machine. Can score in a ton of different ways and likes to go for the kill.

Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on November 5, 2021

I'm glad the Buckeyes got Mendez but I will never understand how rankings work at Flowrestling.

Swiderski beat Mendez and is ranked #1 at 138, and #17 pound for pound. Mendez is ranked #2 at 138 and #2 pound for pound. I hope the weight class ranking is wrong and the pound for pound is right. Maybe Flo thinks the previous match was a fluke?

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on November 5, 2021

Quote from Christopher Henderson's post:

"I'm glad the Buckeyes got Mendez but I will never understand how rankings work at Flowrestling.

Swiderski beat Mendez and is ranked #1 at 138, and #17 pound for pound. Mendez is ranked #2 at 138 and #2 pound for pound. I hope the weight class ranking is wrong and the pound for pound is right. Maybe Flo thinks the previous match was a fluke?"

The weight class ranking is a reflection of results whereas the recruiting class rankings are a reflection of perceived potential.

Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on November 5, 2021

I see what you mean, Brian. One ranking predicts the future, while the other ranking predicts the past.

I finally watched the match myself. It looked like a completely legitimate match. Swiderski won two takedowns to one, and was in on several more.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 18, 2021

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"These guys have yet to AA yet-- or get to round of 12: Heinsellman, Decatur, D'Emilio, Rocky Jordan, Hoffman, Romero, Singletary, (cant remember names my old age, lol) the NJ 149 who left and the Minnesota 285 who had a cup of coffee in Columbus before matriculating to Penn st. --who have i left out?"

Jordan and Romero were both Round of 12 last year. Romero was NWCA AA the Covid Year.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 18, 2021

"Jordan and Romero were both Round of 12 last year. Romero was NWCA AA the Covid Year."

Romero was also fighting through an ankle/foot injury as I recall. And, he ended up getting scrwd when Massa was upset early in tourney. If he ended up against anyone besides Massa in the bloodround, he probably wins and AA's again.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 18, 2021

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"These guys have yet to AA yet-- or get to round of 12: Heinsellman, Decatur, D'Emilio, Rocky Jordan, Hoffman, Romero, Singletary, (cant remember names my old age, lol) the NJ 149 who left and the Minnesota 285 who had a cup of coffee in Columbus before matriculating to Penn st. --who have i left out?"

Jordan and Romero were both Round of 12 last year. Romero was NWCA AA the Covid Year."

Noted

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3