Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Ohio State v. Virginia Tech - November 19th
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 19, 2021

Comes down to Mr Wonderful at 285. Bonus points for those of you who get the reference.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on November 19, 2021

And it all comes down to Tate!

Paul Orndorff baby!

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on November 19, 2021

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Comes down to Mr Wonderful at 285. Bonus points for those of you who get the reference."

Showing your age and the WWF days

Matt Schein added to this discussion on November 19, 2021

R.I.P. “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on November 19, 2021

I think Tate feels obligated to keep us on the edge of our seats.

Tate wins 3-2

Buckeyes WIN 17-13!

Matt Schein added to this discussion on November 19, 2021

Great duel. Two evenly matched teams

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 19, 2021

Thank you Malik Heinselman.

Tate Orndorff mic drop!

That was a match he lost during the season last year, but then started winning at NCAAs.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 19, 2021

What a gritty performance by Gavin & Tate, wow! And once Kaleb comes back at 184 all will be well in the upper weights. I really thought VT was going to win the dual, being at home and all. Hepner held it close but really needs to work on his leg defense, IMO. It might be time to see what Betancourt can do.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 19, 2021

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"The rideout of the 2nd period by D'Emilio with 2 mat returns to the back was so impressive. Pretty frustrating he didn't get any NFs. And then to follow that with a quick escape in the 3rd was pretty scrappy. Great TD in the last minute with the ridout was a pretty satisfying performance. A very dominating 4-0 win!"

Scrappy should be Dylan's middle name. Fun to watch. I think Sammy's scrambling is rubbing off on some of the guys, too.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on November 20, 2021

Hank I think the viewing issue was related to what kind of cable provider you used to log in. I have ESPN + and DirectTV log in. Like others said I could access the Michigan dual but not the Bucks. I finally was able to stream the match when I logged in with Hulu as my provider. Very frustrating. Great to hear old Ty Waltz on the call. He had to feel right at home with two St. Ed’s guys scrapping on the mat.

The evenings performance was gritty and workman like. No real blowouts. Every match was relatively contested. This is reflective of a mid season BIG Ten dual, and it showed. Ohio St is used to being in those matches, Virginia Tech and the rest of the ACC is not used to that type of grind.
Malik did himself a huge favor. That win will carry a ton of weight for seeding at the end of the year. I think when it’s said and done the North Carolina win will carry some weight as well. Malik looks like an AA candidate right now, but I thought he did last year as well. 125 is a much deeper weight this year in positions 2-8. He is in the mix, but will need multiple wins like what he earned against Vatech.
Sammy and Andonian did not disappoint. Bryce is a highlight real. I don’t recall him looking this explosive in high school, but he certainly is entertaining right now. I think it’s likely that we see a rotation of sorts moving forward at 157. All three are solid serviceable guys, but not long term solitons. I still think you keep the redshirt on Paddy.
It’s a little puzzling that we are not seeing more explosive point scoring out of Karchla. I think most of us figured that he would be scoring points in bunches. I do not believe he has given up a takedown yet this year, and he seems to finish every time he touches a leg. Curious to see how he looks against ranked opponents moving forward.
Hoffman looked very cautious. He seemed like he was sucking wind during the 3rd period. He was actively stalling. Bad shot after bad shot, with no setups to simply grab a leg and hold on for a stalemate. That’s not how he looked in previous matches, but he got it done.
2 & oh

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on November 20, 2021

Quote from Jared Ball's post:

" Great to hear old Ty Waltz on the call. "

I thought this was great as well. And I thought it was great that they interviewed Tom Ryan at the end. I assume the plan was to interview the winning coach. It would be nice to see this brief interview at the end of duals on all of the different broadcasts.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 20, 2021

Quote from Matt Schein's post:

"Smith wrestled tough, Lewis is so freaking good, I’d love to see them wrestle again. I have really been impressed with smith over the last few years."

Agreed!

For all of the “OHST isn’t developing it’s guys” this seems to be a counter to that argument. Personally, I’d throw Malik, Romero, and Hoffman in that lot. Perhaps Mr. Wonderful, but I really don’t have a frame of reference from his UVU days.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 20, 2021

I have WoW--which stands for "Wow....this sucks." All I needed to do was log into my account and it proved impossible. Many passwords were tried as was a password reset

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next