Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: 2022 MSU Open
Rob Wagner added to this discussion on November 6, 2022

Good takes by everyone so far, as usual.

I am not worried about D'Emilio, let him get some rest these next couple of weeks.

I am worried a bit with Gallagher and the future of 125. I know I tend to talk too much ahead instead of the current season but I'd really like to see TR get a 125 through the portal next season if they want to compete with Penn St. I am a big Gonzales fan, just not sure he's the answer.

I liked the way Paddy looked up until the finals. That is a guy who needs to beat. Not even sure if that kid will be Northwesterns starter this season.

Glad wrestling is back!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on November 7, 2022

OU sent mostly wrestlers in the FR/SO division, but if you're bored take a moment to watch Derek Raike from OU.

Won the FR/SO division I think with 3 pins and a Major.

In the finals he pinned Braden Stauffenburg, a high thought of recruit at MSU. Video below.

https://www.flowrestling.org/people/7085210-braden-stauffenberg?playing=8230565

Don Bork added to this discussion on November 7, 2022

For those without a Flo subscription the Mendez/Byrd match is up on the Eleven Warriors website.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on November 7, 2022

Quote from Don Bork's post:

"For those without a Flo subscription the Mendez/Byrd match is up on the Eleven Warriors website."

Not that it mattered but how was that not NF?

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on November 7, 2022

Some of my thoughts after week one

125- Heinselman avenged a loss to someone who previously lost to. I am more optimistic after this week of his chances to AA. Gonzales I’m not sold on to be the starter next year. We are going to need to hit the transfer portal. Mccrone actually wrestled really well. After a full college season maybe he can be the next 125?

133- Mendes can beat anyone other than Rby and fix I believe. I can see him being a semi finalist

141- I’m not buying Decatur or demilio to be an all American. I think demilio is ranked too high. Swiderski looks to be the real deal also.

149- sasso is wrestling like a different animal than last year. He will be a finalist imo.

157- Paddy I am worried about. I thought he was a 4x all American. He’s looking like maybe a 1 or 2x at the moment. Probably a fringe too 20 guy right now. Not what you want from a number one overall recruit. Maybe he’s cutting too much.

174/184- the veterans took care of business

197-Geog lived up to my hype so far. I want to see him in the big boy division however. Hoffman I would give less than a 50 percent chance to all American. Just too much returning at the weight and would need the perfect bracket to AA imo. Shumate peaked years ago. I don’t see him as a future starter for the buckeyes.

And the biggest news of all. Betancourt will not wrestle this year and loses a year of eligibility. Ohio state didn’t release him is word on the street is. Spencer Lee lucked out.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 8, 2022

Quote from Jim Kessen's post:

"

Quote from Don Bork's post:

"For those without a Flo subscription the Mendez/Byrd match is up on the Eleven Warriors website."

Not that it mattered but how was that not NF?"

If Byrd's foot doesn't hit the scoring table that would have been a 4Pt. NF for sure. That was a great video too, crystal clear resolution. Jesse wrestles with a lot of confidence for a true freshman, very impressive.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3