Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: OSU development criticism
Bill Splete added to this discussion on January 23, 2023

Bob, the short answer is I know of her, but I don't know her personally. what I do know as a matter of fact is the history of Bonnie and the Sandersons. I don't know the Sandersons either, but did have a view, watching it all happen, which was just dumb luck. We are going to do some fundraising for our summer program soon and will put up some Sanderson memorabilia, paintings, singlet, and stuff I accumulated over the years. I have a lot of respect for the Sanderson because they have done some very unselfish things for their athletes that don't just benefit the program, sometimes just the athlete. Im sure they have negatives, but they are less than most. They seem like solid people that just happen to be great at this sport and are willing to share what they know...but are limited to their people, but that's sports and their advantage.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: OSU development criticism
Bill Splete added to this discussion on January 26, 2023

Ohio State has been forward-thinking on the best environment to succeed in. During the Snyder, and Myles years Don Moxely was studying athletes' heart rates, before practice, at home, and pre-match. If I remember this was funded through the military from which the study was going to benefit primarily. FYI guess who had the slightest movement in heart rate, regardless of what they were doing... Snyder... was calm no matter the situation. They were amazed at how well he could remain calm. The study was to determine how to reach a heightened level of awareness without increasing anxiety. Basically calm in the chaos. We know why they chose wrestlers for this. If someone knows Moxely he could explain it better.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3